Housing Options Officer needed in Redditch £22.56ph ref 682065
Full time hours on a temporary basis.
On a case-by-case basis, provide a professional and compliant specialist customer facing Homelessness and Housing Solutions service firmly focused on the prevention and relief of homelessness through a range of housing options delivered across a range of tenure types.
- To be responsible and accountable for the Local Authorities operations in accordance with its legal obligations to provide professional housing and homelessness advice services in accordance with: Part VI & VII Housing Act 1996 (as amended); Homelessness Reduction Act 2017; Welfare Reform, Safeguarding and the Children’s Act.
- Deliver superior quality Homelessness and Housing Solutions and Advice Services that are customer centric and have high regard for equality, diversity, understanding and respect for people and their individual circumstances.
- Professionally and effectively manage a designated caseload by thoroughly assessing, researching, analysing, and applying the most up to date case law to homeless applications across all tenures to conclude a robust legal decision on behalf of the Council.
- Ensure that any reports are written with a high degree of diligence, rationality, and quality, so that legal decisions are “right first time”.
- Through casework, teamwork and partnership working, ensure that any housing solution or package of solutions are wholly sustainable and that the expectations of both the applicants and associated stakeholders are effectively managed.
- Maximize opportunities to nurture and develop relationships with Private Sector (PRS) Landlords in the discharge of duties, ensuring that any such initiatives or schemes to prevent homelessness in, or access to the PRS are maximized.
- Be responsible and accountable for the performance of yourself, your team, and the service, regularly reporting and feeding back on performance and being outspoken on perceived risks or threats to the service or on any emerging opportunities to improve what we do.
Please ensure you read the skills I am looking for in the Job Description & Person Specification.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All our roles may be subject to pre-employment checks including references so please be prepared.
Due to high volumes of CVs received we are not able to respond to all unsuccessful applications. You will always however hear from us by phone if we are able to take your CV forward to the next stage.
You can also follow us at Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn or via our website www.essentialemploy.co.uk.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services