Benefits for Buyer – Smart, team based working environment. Pension, Life assurance, 25 day holiday (+ 8 bank holiday) + a whole range of flexible benefits you can add on.
Fantastic opportunity for a Buyer with a direct manufacturing / production background to undertake a varied key role within a world class business in support of a range of complex, high value, low volume mechanical products. You will be part of a passionate and supportive team working on varied projects.
The Buyer’s role will be to support the current team within a fast-paced environment mainly focused on parts supply, the role will include purchase order placement, progress chasing / expediting and reporting. You will have excellent commercial skills, an understanding of MRP and help the department with delivery of KPI improvements.
Working as part of the core purchasing team you will supporting the Buyers in a varied role working with both key customers. Responsibilities will include:
- Placing orders for a defined range of suppliers, using the MRP / ERP system
- Ensure lowest overall cost of acquisition.
- Ensure suppliers deliver product to agreed delivery dates. Progress chasing urgent requests as necessary.
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Maintaining an accurate record of stock holding for purchased parts
- Dealing with invoice and delivery queries
- Supporting and dealing with problems raised by the Quality department and communicating internally
- Work with purchasing team on projects
- Prepare data and documentation as necessary
To succeed in this interesting role, you will be Buyer or production Buyer with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to make decisions and meet targets.
You may also be a Buyer currently or working as a Purchasing Assistant, Supply chain coordinator or Junior Buyer looking to undertake a more varied role in a professional business.
Please apply via the link or contact Alison Kemp for further details
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities