Broadcast media - Chiswick, office based
Take your technical skills to the next level, gain exposure to all departments within the disciplines of Broadcast media and IT. This role joins a 24 hour support team, and requires flexibility to work morning, afternoon or night shifts (40 hour week) you 'll be supporting live broadcasting services.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who enjoys opportunities for collaboration with stakeholders to create and maximise efficiencies and optimised technical solutions whilst utilising existing available resources.
Help define specification, integrate, and transition technology changes onto the Broadcast platforms (Broadcast AV and Broadcast IT) and Corporate IT (1st level support only) to meet customer requirements, whilst ensuring supportability and service availability levels
Take responsibility for system stability across Broadcast environment
- 1st and 2nd line technical support, own tickets and ensure issues are remedied in a timely manner
- Help define specification, integrate, and transition technology changes onto the Broadcast platforms
- Ensure that media workflows are adapted to meet requirements
- Work with internal and external groups on long-term, in-depth root cause analysis of equipment faults and failures
- Understanding of Windows, network, Wi-Fi, fibre infrastructure and storage.
- Knowledge of multimedia file formats
- Awareness of post media production/ media workflows
- Experience using ticketing systems
- The ability to build, maintain and develop internal stakeholder and external vendor relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, with a passion for the job, and able to follow tasks through to the end without having to be driven
- A degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or similar
- Experience with virtual computing (VMware),
- Knowledge of Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay Access or a workflow management system
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet