At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role. Earn as you learn, with an opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications!
Are you great with people, helpful and enthusiastic?
Are you looking for a role in Operational Delivery that will develop your skills and offer opportunities for forward thinking and innovative ideas?
If so our role as Payments Administrative Officer could be perfect for you and we would love to hear from you! This is an exciting time for HMRC as we head towards delivering increased effectiveness of digital services, new strategies for improved services and IT capability for all. Government Banking and Payments are HMRC’s Payment Process Owners, setting and delivering the critical elements of HMRC’s payment strategy and developing and implementing standardised HMRC payment processes. You’ll actively seek to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, this includes handling some complex queries and issues, making sure they are resolved quickly and efficiently.
By joining our team, you will get real responsibility and opportunities to shine and develop your career. You’ll join a friendly and welcoming team and receive plenty of support to help you reach your potential. If this sounds like you and you want to be part of an energetic and diverse workforce contributing to the overall achievement of targets and priorities, then you could be just the person we’d be proud to employ at HMRC.
- You will work as a key part of our team to deliver results, including: dealing with post; email or telephone queries; and resolving issues for internal and external customers.
- You will assist with processing and reallocating payments, ensuring customer accounts are accurately maintained.
- Your positive attitude to change will help us to work together to improve productivity, quality and customer support in the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Daily banking processes – determining whether any payments need to be stopped prior to issue;
- Tracing and recovering payments that have been issued to an incorrect payee;
- Investigating payments that don't have the correct bank details and retrieving money that has gone to the wrong account.
You’ll use your own judgement to achieve the best outcome for HMRC and our customers, taking responsibility for personal performance.No experience is necessary as full training will be given. It’s your enthusiasm, helpful manner and willingness to learn that we require.
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Finance