Are you looking for an organisation that cares about the work-life balance of its workforce?
An employer who offers personalised development and progression opportunities alongside outstanding training? Well look no further!
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve. We do this by taking equality, diversity and inclusion into account in everything we do.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome and encourage applications from all people from all backgrounds with the relevant experience and skills.
HMRC Estates is at the forefront of delivering the biggest property programme in the UK. We are the leading edge of Government property transformation.
We provide HMRC, and other Government Departments, with an estate which is the right size and shape to meet both the current and future needs of our customers. We are a customer service organisation which exists to offer high quality, easy to use services to enable our colleagues to perform at their best by providing working environments in which they want to work.
What exactly would a ‘Head of Workplace Operations’ do?
Well, you’d report directly to the Deputy Director of Workplace Operations, Jennifer, and provide leadership to our Heads of Estates across Scotland, Northern Ireland and the North east.
You would be responsible for ensuring all our regional centres are safe and secure for everyone, this includes HMRC but can include other government departments like DwP.
Our estate consists primarily of new, state of the art Regional Centres providing a working environment for around 1000-5000 people. Each Regional Centre has its own estates team of 8-10 people, led by a Head of Estate, supported by area-based hard and soft FM contracts and a national security contract.
This role is pivotal in delivery our vision for the whole of Workplace Directorate, ensuring we deliver a ‘user first’ modern and inclusive workplace. You’ll be working collaboratively with stakeholders across the organisation and externally including our suppliers.
Here are some of the things our Head of Workplace Operations - North will be responsible for:
- As part of the Senior Leadership Team, you will provide strategic direction across Workplace Operations.
- Building operational capability, within your own team and also across the Workplace directorate.
- Working together with other Area Heads (Central and South) to ensure consistency at a national level.
- You will ensure that teams can respond quickly to operational issues so that our buildings remain safe and of the highest standard.
- Collaborating closely with senior members of HMRC (up to Director General level) on operational building issues. Supporting the Heads of Estate in the resolution of issues arising within their regional centres.
- You’ll work in close liaison with Workplace Policy and Planning colleagues to ensure co-ordination between strategic and operational contract management.
- You'll be accountable for the appropriate risk assessment and risk management in relation to health and safety in all buildings in your area, ensuring all statutory compliance requirements are met.
Leadership experience in a large and complex operational environment, ideally in a workplace or property environment.
Proven track record, working with stakeholders from different teams (including, commercial, finance, security, IT and external contractors).
Experience engaging with and encouraging teams to continuously improve and operate within pressurised and complex environments.
Delivered front line operational needs aligned to a wider strategic priority.
While we work hard at HMRC we respect your work-life balance and offer flexible working conditions reflecting the best in the sector.
We offer you structured personal development, progression opportunities, and outstanding training.
- Learning and development tailored to you
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property