Front End Developer (Junior/grad) - Chester
We are looking for candidates who have around one-year exp in a commercial setting who are then looking to develop their career.
We are looking for two positions here.
We are passionate about technology, it’s at the heart of everything we do. We’re eager to experiment with new technology and because of this we are leveraging technologies such as React Native, Docker and Elasticsearch in production.
We are looking for a junior software engineer to implement technical solutions that fulfill the commercial ambitions of the business. You will be working with our bespoke property management platform, which enables us to onboard, support and maintain the holiday cottages in our portfolio, as well as new platforms that we create to meet the dynamic needs of the market.
You will be working in a team of up to 6 developers, reporting to a lead software engineer. You will also be collaborating with a wider technology team of more than thirty talented colleagues including Business Analysts, Test Engineers, Business Intelligence developers, as well as stakeholders outside of the department, to deliver robust, commercially substantial projects.Responsibilities
● Create well crafted, scalable and resilient solutions used both by colleagues and the public.
● Own the delivery of software into the business.
● Participate in sprint planning to deliver regular iterations, and retrospectives to improve our processes.
● Promote software development best practices.
● Reviewing colleagues’ code submissions, coaching enhancements, encouraging standards and identifying bugs.Essential Experience
● Experience of PHP
● An understanding of Object Oriented Code
● A basic understanding of MySQL (Joins, Groups)Desirable Experience
● 1 years development experience in a commercial setting
● Experience of MVC frameworks such as Laravel
● Understanding of the SOLID principles
● Exposure to Continuous Delivery & Integration
● Experience of Test Driven Development
● Front end styling frameworks such as SASS & Bootstrap
● UNIX Command lineBenefits
● 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
● Private medical (for employees and immediate family)
● Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
● Staff bonus scheme
● Death in service payment (2x Salary)
● Pension Scheme (2.5% Contribution)
● Choice of MacBook Pro or developer-spec Windows or Linux laptop
● Wellness Extras: Free flu jabs and reflexology sessions
● Free fruit supplied
● Free worldwide travel insurance (for employees and immediate family)