Working within a team to spot adjustments and changes that need to be made to our website for the customers and owners of properties to work along. Considering this from two perspectives for the website.
Working with the team to implement these changes and monitor how well they are doing.
The Product team are responsible for optimising the company online browsing experience for Property Owners and Customers, ensuring that they have the best experience possible and achieve the maximum conversion from web session to enquiry/ booking. This will involve developing the site for web and mobile usage, ensuring consistency of brand and content.
Product Developers will be a constant role model for the company, providing well crafted, resilient websites that optimise the online journey for customers and property owners alike.
The role includes identifying, sharing and spreading best practise throughout the business, and demonstrating excellent teamwork.
They will be accountable for delivery in the following areas:
A/B site testing
- Conceiving potential adjustments to the UX on the website
- Taking start – finish ownership of the creating, coding, testing and implementation of adjustments to the site, ensuring these are thoroughly tested and smoothly implemented
- Analysing the test data for website adjustments to draw conclusions about the success of an experiment, understanding the sample group and any potential impact on results
- Producing well-crafted code that can be integrated successfully into the existing web structure
- Effectively manage own time, resources and journey plans to achieve maximum efficiency and productivity
- Role models values, philosophy and business goals and objectives
- Constantly seeks out opportunities for self-development
- Remains coachable at all time.
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by your line manager.
Note: This Role Profile reflects the present requirements of the post. As duties and responsibilities change and develop the role profile will be reviewed and be subject to amendment in consultation with the post-holder.
- Attend departmental meetings and represent the department at internal and external meetings.
- Recommend changes to systems and procedures to improve the efficiency of the site operations. Continually review operational practices to ensure best practice is delivered at all times.
- Work in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and to ensure all new systems and data are secure.
Key performance indicators:
- Conversion rate of customer web sessions/ bookings
- Number of new property owner enquiries
- User web experience
- Experience with MVC frameworks, such as Laravel or similar
- Object-orientated code using SOLID principles/ design patterns
- Working knowledge of version control software e.g. Git
- Strong PHP skills
- Experience of Agile, improvement focussed
- Relational databases – MySQL preferred
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Linux/ Unix command line
- Experience of conducting A/B tests
- UX (user experience)
- Commercial business awareness/ experience and an understanding of the potential commercial impact of decisions and website adjustments
- Mobile site development experience
- Experience of working on projects with scale websites
Although we work hard, we also believe in rewarding that hard work. In addition to salaries, we offer a generous benefits package including:
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Staff pension
- Private Medical
- Death in Service payment
- Subsidised park and ride passes
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Long service awards - cash payments and increases in holiday allowances
- Staff discount on cottage holidays
- Free worldwide travel insurance (including family members)
- Wellness extras, including free annual flu jabs, reflexology sessions and free fruit supplied in the office
- Working hours will be Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm