Leading FMCG Business
We have an opportunity for an accomplished Engineering Manager to join an established FMCG business based in Wigan to complete their senior management team and continue the success of this interesting and socially ethical business into the 2020’s.
What do we need?
- A strong manager and leader from within a fast-paced and regulated continuous manufacturing environment. You will most like come from the FMCG, Food or Packaging arenas, however all relevant applications will be considered.
- An excellent motivator, a real team player able to lead by example and help others to see the company vision. Someone immersed in the engineering sector - still hands on technical enough to give advice and assist in problem solving but with a strategic outlook and high-level management and leadership experience.
- Someone able to balance the challenging demands and various accountabilities and responsibilities of such a role. Including: Finance, P&L, Projects, Improvements, Labour, Staff Development, Quality, H&S, OEE, Engineering, Facilities, etc and the challenges in running a 24/7, 364-day operation.
- Manage, plan and control engineering and capital budgets and P&L
- Ensure legal, business and customer compliance to multiple standards
- Overall responsibility for maintenance including equipment, buildings, utilities & services.
- Oversee projects to exceed financial and business performance targets.
- Oversee and advise on the commissioning of new equipment & machinery.
- Work closely with the Technical and Manufacturing Managers to ensure product quality.
- Support your direct reports with Engineering such as the Maintenance Manager and assist with Planned Preventable Maintenance and maximising equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Work with the Manufacturing & Maintenance Managers to improve operational KPI’s.
- Maximise involvement, engagement, communication and ongoing development.
- Responsible for controlling, monitoring and assessing engineering labour requirements.
- Line management and development of the Maintenance Manager, Facilities & Projects Manager, and Engineering Administrator.
Experience with any (or all) of the following areas, will also be highly beneficial: Staff Coaching & Development, Commercial Negotiation, H&S Audits, Risk Assessments, Integrated plant monitoring systems, FMCG machinery design, modification and processing techniques, various types of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS),
In return, this business can offer a ‘family feel’ team and business to join, despite them being part of an international group that turns over £4Bn. Their modern manufacturing environment is full of the latest technology and positive change is embraced from the top down. Last year they spent over £5M on CAPEX/Projects and are looking to invest the same again this year. The Engineering facilities are brand new and includes offices, Meeting rooms and large separate Mechanical and Electrical workshops.
The Package on offer for the role is £50-60K + Pension + BUPA + Life Assurance (4x) + a small profit share scheme. Interviews are available immediately, please call Mark for more information on 0161 826 9466 or apply with your CV and we’ll be in touch.