Mechanical Engineer - Development
Norfolk – 3 days on site – RELOCATION OR RELIABLE COMMUTE if not local
Salary – up to £60,000 DOE
This is a rare opportunity to join an engineering consultancy like no other. With sustainability being a priority, their completely unique ideas are creating a new wave of innovation that you do not want to miss out on.
To continue with their mission, they are looking for a dynamic and driven Mechanical Engineer to take responsibility for the mechanical elements of the designs, focusing on the detailed design of electric motor controller components under the direction of the Lead Engineer.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer
- Ensure that all products are designed in accordance with customer requirements, company process and recognised engineering standards.
- Construct CAD models and drawings to agreed standards, within specification and apply tolerances and GD&T applicable to the manufacturing process, ensuring correct system function.
- Creation and refinement of technical mechanical part and assembly drawings to capture design intent, verify functionality and document the key aspects necessary to accomplish the goals of a project.
- Explore new and existing materials and methods to solve design challenges, documenting the analysis and results of investigations, draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Creation, control, and maintenance of release packages, design history files and process activities according to business development process.
- Produce technical engineering studies and documentation to a high engineering quality – Such as DFMEA, tolerance stacks analysis, manual design calculations, FEA design studies, Root Cause analysis.
- Provide detailed engineering function and manufacturing evaluations for low cost, high volume, high reliability designs, proposing process and material selection for cost optimisation
- Any other reasonable duties, as requested by your manager.
Experience and qualities of the chosen Mechanical Engineer
- Strong experience in an engineering development environment, preferably sectors where price and quality are paramount.
- Process driven with the ability to enhance, improve and develop processes as the business grows and looks to continuously improve.
- Beng/Bsc in a relevant mechanical engineering qualification minimum.
- Experience of designing injection moulded plastic electronic enclosures for high volume applications to a minimum of IP65, heatsink and thermal design,packaging of electronic components.
- Proven track record of product development from concept through to production, with a strong technical ability for applying their underpinning knowledge.
- Experience to solving problems including new technologies and innovations for complex engineering systems.
- Demonstratable competence in the use of CAD tools (Solid Works preferred) to prepare design models and detailed drawings is required.
- Evidence based, analytical decision making and problem solving.
- Problem solving and resourceful – focuses on cause, not symptom, proactive approach and can identify best use of resources to deliver value.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing