Role closes 11:55 pm on Thursday 1st December 2022 -
Please apply before then, click link to apply and learn more or reach out to me.
HMRC is one of the largest organisations in the UK and we run the biggest digital operation in Government, providing digital services for 45 million individuals and 4.9 million business customers.
About the Team
We are building a team of outstanding people who will work with us in Enterprise Platform Services (EPS) – Digital Platform to create and run new digital services, using modern technology and agile development methods.
The Operations Manager is an essential role within our operation to enable delivery of HMRC’s strategic aspirations. You will be a member of the leadership team, leading implementation of operational activities (Capacity and demand planning, resourcing, governance, funding etc) to ensure digital services are built in line with the HMRC Digital Strategy and meet Government Service Standards (GSS).
You will have an overview of all sprint planning / digital deliveries across all agile scrum teams in your programme allocation. You'll have a clear understanding of the work position, help teams prepare for GSS reviews and share successful approaches.
Using your digital knowledge and expertise you will lead on operational activities, acting as the liaison route for blockers, risks and issues for the Head of the Delivery Centres. We want you to promote the effective running of mixed economy teams and lead on HMRC/SME contractor on-boarding and management; making our staff feel part of the bigger picture.
We love to build forward thinking agile environments, support communities of practice and help grow HMRC talent. So, if this resonates with you then we would welcome your application.
The role offers a variety and breadth of responsibilities:
- Lead operations and manage teams who design and build the Digital technology, infrastructure platforms and services
- Lead and support the transition of Build services into Enterprise Live Service
- Engage with profession specialists to ensure teams transition to and embed new ways of working (Agile and Dev -Ops)
- Lead on front door/order book for the operation; ensuring effective demand and resource planning, agree work deployments and undertake regular reviews of resource needs and capacity management for the Centre
- Understand project/work plans for your Programme allocation and ensure delivery in accordance with local plans and digital roadmap; ensuring the appropriate governance
- and reporting arrangements are in place.
- Act as the partner concern route for all operational issues impacting Scrum Teams and hold weekly operational meetings with product managers and/or scrum masters.
- Responsible for managing contracts with a range Tech Services 2 and 3 and DOS suppliers to drive effective delivery of digital services.
- Responsible for ensuring build costs are recharged to the delivery group or transformation programmes, who commissioned the work.
- Work with Profession Leads to build capability within HMRC, to meet Delivery Centre Resourcing strategy on growing in house capability, with flex from suppliers to enable EPS delivery to meet spikes in demand.
- Accountable for headcount targets are met align to HMRC and CDIO locations strategy.
- Liaise with internal/external customers and partners in relation to operational account management, work collaboratively with partners to manage ‘day to day’ operational issues; ensure effective liaison with HMRC counterparts in the Worthing/Newcastle/Telford/Leeds Centres.
Occasional travel with overnight stays within the UK may be required.
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to changing circumstances & tight timetable as priorities evolve & intensify
- Experience in developing strong partner relationships, with both internal and external suppliers
- Capable of working effectively with and influencing Commercial partners in a multi supplier/Vendor Environment to ensure services are delivered whilst achieving value for money
- Experience in leading from the front, not to be afraid of responsibility
- Excellent communication, organisational and decision-making skills
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services