HMP Altcourse, Fazakerley L9 7LH
Salary: £20,204.86 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
Are you looking for a career in a unique environment? This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting! Be that person who makes a difference!
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 5 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
HMP Altcourse, a category B local prison, in Fazakerly Liverpool, holding over 1200 adult male offenders.
We now have an opportunity for an Administrator to join our team at HMP Altcourse.
We are looking for a dynamic individuals who can work individually using their own initiative or as part of a team to join our central Administration Hub. You will provide an effective and efficient administration service to an Operational Functional team within the Prison.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the functional/departmental team are met.
- Ensure that key worker caseloads are allocated correctly and that all keyworker staff are advised when they receive a new prisoner.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner that meets audit requirements.
- Organise and co-ordinate meetings, diaries, events and travel arrangements ensuring individual and functional/departmental objectives are met.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the function/department so that it is available when required.
- Collate, produce and distribute regular and ad-hoc statistics and reports so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information.
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Provide information from CMS Activity Lists to support daily Key Worker Delivery.
- Collate and distribute information and reports on Key Worker team activity to ensure contractual compliance.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times to ensure the maintenance of security within the secure environment.
- Provide the Management and the Team with any additional requests for support.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner & follow the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
- G4S is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and the post holder must support these goals.
- The duties and responsibilities listed within this job description are not exhaustive and the job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary from time to time
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook Email & Calendar & New and Classic NOMIS.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Previous experience in similar role
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us. Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and HMPPS and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other