Resettlement Case Worker (Social Worker)
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
£31,642.00 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, uniform, on-site canteen, access to High Street Shop discounts, local Gym discounts and ongoing training and development
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre works closely with the Youth Custody Services to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
The successful candidate will be required to ensure continuation through care and work with the Youth Offending Services Team to promote the safeguarding of young people’s’ welfare and ensure that the YJB national standards are met.
- Represent the STC at the first community review meeting for DTO young people within relevant timescales, to ensure compliance with YJB national standards.
- Complete relevant documentation for internal and external reviews to ensure information is current and correct.
- Monitor the progress of young people during and after release by telephone contact with external agencies so that records can be kept on their progress to demonstrate the effectiveness of the STC.
- Liaise with external agencies to ensure that after care arrangements are met and report back to the STC with findings.
- Support the Units with direct work with young people so that they acquire personal knowledge of young people that will facilitate their participation in the review process.
- Participate in the risk assessment during admissions so that the immediate vulnerability and risk of the young person is determined accurately.
- Act as a Case Holder, providing a programme of care, under supervision, for the young person in line with legislation and best practice.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
All staff employed by G4S has the responsibility for their own Health & Safety and to their colleagues in order to assist G4S in its obligation to achieve British Safety Council Requirements at all times
- Experience and Social Work qualifications required for this role.
- Experience within a child-care environment.
- Ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Google (google docs, emails, calendar and virtual meetings)
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. If you join us you will have a job specific induction programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
For more information on Oakhill Secure Training Centre please visit, https://oakhillstc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
Safeguarding children and young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Social Services