G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary range : £28,632.35 - £34,087.26 per annum depending on experience
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, uniform, on-site canteen, access to High Street Shop discounts, local Gym discounts and ongoing training and development
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre works closely with the Youth Custody Services to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
We are looking to recruit Vocational Trainers to join our education team at Oakhill Secure Training Centre. With plenty of life experiences, common sense and a firm but fair approach you will find the role both rewarding and challenging.
Ideally you will have previous experience of delivering the subjects of Music or Construction.
Key responsibilities are;
- Plan, develop and deliver allocated education in accordance with the timetable and National Curriculum so that individual young people’s needs are met.
- Liaise with relevant key stakeholders to ensure an integrated approach to young people’s care and education.
- Monitor young people’s progress and undertake assessments so that they receive appropriate support and have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications.
- Assist in the development of educational materials, ensuring quality and consistency of approach.
- Complete all documentation as required to meet the needs of the company & relevant awarding bodies.
- Manage the teaching environment ensuring security of equipment and welfare of young people in line with contractual requirements.
- Assist in maintaining a positive Health & Safety culture to support recognition as a British Safety 5-star Business Unit.
- Ensure Maintenance of Security within the Centre environment by compliance with Security
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education qualification
- An enthusiasm for all aspects of education and training with a commitment to the well being of students.
- An ability and willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- A flexible and responsive attitude.
- Plenty of life experience, common sense and a firm but fair approach
- Strong organisational skills
- Experience delivering a central curriculum
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. If you join us you will have a job specific induction programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
For more information on Oakhill Secure Training Centre please visit, https://oakhillstc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Safeguarding children and young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education