Multi-Skilled Engineer - Electrical
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary £38,000.00 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, uniform, on-site canteen, access to High Street Shop discounts, local Gym discounts and ongoing training and development
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre works closely with the Youth Custody Services to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
The successful candidate will be responsible to the Service Delivery Manager as directed across a range of disciplines, delivering both planned and reactive maintenance to assets, building fabric, services and utilities in order to maintain a safe and decent environment across the prison estate.
- Operate within planned maintenance procedures for assets etc, effectively and safely within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Deal effectively and safely with breakdowns and damage to assets etc. within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience as required and by out of hours response where necessary
- Write up maintenance reports for Building Maintenance Activities
- Carry out maintenance inspection and reactive repairs to various types of heating, water, ventilation, electrical, mechanical and security equipment and services on site, where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience
- Diagnosing faults on all Mechanical and Electrical support systems and rectifying where necessary and within their range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Following detailed drawings and operational maintenance manuals in order to carry out all planned maintenance, routine inspections and reactive repairs.
- Carry out maintenance inspection and repairs to various assets and building fabric throughout the centre estate, e.g. furniture, internal / external fixtures and fittings, grounds, access and car parking, etc.
- Working with other craft qualified, semi-skilled and non-skilled maintenance staff to develop cross-skilling and cover all levels and aspects of maintenance activities on a team work basis.
- Participate in emergency call out arrangements and provide cover where necessary during sickness absence periods.
- Carry out maintenance activities to assist in project and improvement development works, offering alternatives to improve the effectiveness of the operation of the site, review current legislation / regulations within the range of qualifications, levels of competence, training and experience.
- Fully qualified and experienced within an electrical engineering discipline (Level 3 NVQ diploma in Electrotechnical services or equivalent)
- 18th Edition (IET) wiring regulations
- Experience of building and facilities maintenance.
- Specialisms in systems such as CCTV and Security technology
- Experience if BMS systems
- Periodic inspection & testing
- Electrical safety & Part P
- Portable appliance testing (EAL or City & Guilds)
- Full, clean driving license
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. If you join us you will have a job specific induction programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
Safeguarding children and young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security clearance and will need to provide full details of your work and educational history covering the last 10 years as part of the screening process.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Construction