Senior Structural Designer – Corrugated/POS
Up to £40,000 + pension, 28 days holiday, employee discount schemes
Are you a structural designer with extensive POS experience? If so, keep reading…
For over 20 years, this business has provided retail POS solutions across Europe. It is actively looking to recruit a Senior Structural Designer to deliver the highest standards of design work for its clients through both designing and providing advice and instruction to junior members of the team.
You will benefit from working with an established business who have a modern facility and has won awards You will work with an enviable client base including High Street Retailers, FMCG, Health & Beauty, Gaming, and Drinks industries.
- To help the team deliver to brief, on time and on budget
- To assemble colour prototypes for senior designer sign off
- To take photographs of displays ready for portfolio & assembly instructions
- To arrange & palletise materials for production prototypes daily
- Creation of concepts to brief, producing scamps and highly finished samples for client presentations
- To provide creative input from the inception stage of design work
- Have a strong sense and understanding of structural design principles with an ability to make design decisions both individually and for the team under the minimum of direction
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with all internal and external customers
- Ensure accurate and up to date recording of time/activities on projects
- To produce full legible assembly instructions
- To make sure daily machine checks are signed and in place
- To consider the requirements of the structure at each point in its use including but not limited to; transport to its first point of use, assembly, merchandising, (transporting when loaded (if it is a pre-filled unit), shopping, replenishment and recycling. Then to design the unit accordingly.
- To provide cross team support to others.
- To follow design procedures and ensure others in the department are also adhering to them.
- Perform archiving, and housekeeping on a regular basis.
- Be actively involved with training junior members of the team.
For your application to be successful, you will need to have:
- Extensive POS structural design experience
- Minimum 5 years CAD experience in Artios or Kasemake preferred
- Experience of packages such as Strata, Cinema 4D and the Adobe suite would be an advantage
- A knowledge of the Display market within the Brand and Retailer environments would be an advantage
- Well organised with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to remain organised and maintain a clear focus on the task in hand
- Team player with the ability to interact and cooperate well with others
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)