We are looking for an Agile Lead Business Analyst who can help grow and improve the BA community in HMRC Digital within the Live Service run teams.
This role will focus on:-
- Being a promoter in how we improve awareness and being the voice of EPS Digital platforms Live Service run teams at the wider BA communities in CDIO HMRC.
- Demonstrating your knowledge and experience in a Live Service environment and the inner workings of Live Services.
- Working closely with other Lead BAs across HMRC to share best practices.
- Being a single point of contact for our Business Analysts in our multidisciplinary teams who are a vital component of HMRCs multi-disciplined agile teams.
- Lead engagement and collaborate with others on the Business Analyst community of practice(s) representing EPS Digital platforms Live service run teams.
- Work closely with other Lead BAs in CDIO to share best practices.
- Be involved in the wider Business Analyst community (outside of HMRC and the government) identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Share knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider HMRC digital team(s) and across government.
- Line manage, coach and mentor Business Analysts, responsible for increasing capability and ensuring business analyst standards are met.
- Build highly collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships both with Business and customers, working closely so digital services meet user needs
- Can quickly gain a good working knowledge of HMRC business/Subject Matter Expertise and demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer/stakeholder needs.
- Flag risks or blockers in advance and voice concerns but offer solutions.
- Support the Scrum teams to refine the services considering external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements.
- Seek continual improvement opportunities across the SCRUM Teams and BA Community.
- Motivate self and others to do a good job, building a strong team ethos.
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
- Act as an escalation point for the business and service teams
- Ensure the correct placement and assignment of business analysts.
- Provide business analyst expertise, utilising the value across CDIO and wider HMRC.
- Create the conditions and environment for business analysts to succeed.
We are looking for forward thinking people with strong interpersonal skills who enjoy working in a fast-paced agile environment. The ideal candidate will care about technology, the user and be passionate about business analysis.
- Experience of working in a Business Analysis role gained from working in a digital environment.
- Proven experience of business analysis in a live environment, demonstrating the ability to balance priorities on multiple services and working to provide the Business analysis requirements whilst also handling live incidents.
- Knowledge of different methodologies and of helping teams to adopt a range of Agile tools and techniques to undertake business analysis
- Demonstrable skills in Communication and facilitation, process mapping, analysis and modelling, customer journey mapping, requirements engineering developing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Knowledge of working in Technical /Delivery teams to identify, understand, communicate and help achieve outcomes.
- Proven experience of contributing to the Business Analysts Profession by delivering training, facilitating workshops and sharing best practice.
- Proven ability to engage with senior management to resource teams supporting service delivery.
- Experience in Line Managing Business Analysts
- Proven ability of identifying and managing stakeholders, managing expectations and requirements.
Knowledge and expertise to advise businesses and stakeholders how to develop software solutions including designing and implementing user needs and requirements based on customer centric values.
- Experience of creating business analysis centre of excellence.
- Experience of working in and with multi-disciplined teams
- Experience of Leading Agile Business Analysts communities
- Knowledge of the DDaT Framework
- BCS Diploma in business analysis or equivalent Business analysis experience at this senior level.
- 30 Days Annual Leave (increasing by 1 day per year, up to 30)
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services