Job descriptionThe purpose of the Building Manager is to ensure HMRC meets our responsibilities for health & safety, incident control management and security provision.
As our Specialist Site Building Manager you will be a key figure in responding to any incident that occurs and have day-to-day responsibility for ensuring delivery of operational security at the site. You will be expected to effectively manage risk to people, data and property.
Here are some of the things you'll be responsible for as our Specialist Site Building Manager:
- Working flexibly and effectively with the Regional Centre Estates Team and stakeholders within the site on all building and provider related matters.
- Providing assurance to the Regional Centre Estates Working-Environment Lead on all Health & Safety, business continuity and security matters.
- Day-to-day responsibility for business continuity and incident control within the site, overseeing and leading activities to provide appropriate control measures in accordance with HMRC's Business Continuity standards.
- Acting as the lead during an emergency situation, making decisions and giving instructions to ensure the safety of building occupants, as well as liaising with emergency services where necessary.
- Working with Regional Centre team to undertake preparation and maintenance of the building fire safety plan and emergency procedures, including ensuring regular testing of evacuation plans.
- Leading the counter terrorism activity in the building in line with departmental standards, preparing and testing Counter Terrorism and Hostile Incursion plans for the site.
- Managing security via the monitoring of security risks, overseeing the day-to-day physical security of the site, and working with Estates Security Teams to produce and maintain building security management documentation.
- Overseeing health and safety for the site, including providing advice and support to customers, effectively recording and managing risk, investigating and responding to issues and incidents, and developing stakeholder management and communication plans.
- Acting as the Estates point of contact for the customer.
If not already held, you must be willing to obtain the NEBOSH National General Certificate within 6 months of appointment.
For external candidates, obtaining the specified qualification is a condition of passing probation which if not met will result in the termination of your employment contract (dismissal). For internal HMRC candidates or candidates who are existing Civil Servants from another government department, failure to obtain the specified qualification within the required timeframe will result in redeployment to an alternative role within Estates or wider-HMRC.
- An environment with flexible working
- Learning and Development tailored to you
- A Culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property