Do you thrive in a collaborative environment and are you great at building and maintaining positive relationships?
At HMRC we are already one of the most digital advanced tax authorities in the world and have one of the largest IT infrastructures and data sources in the UK. With 50 million customers to serve, over 60,000 colleagues to support, and £730+ billion to collect to fund UK Plc, our IT operation is huge! For those who are up to the challenge, we offer unique and unparalleled opportunities to work with some of the newest technologies and make a real, lasting difference.
HMRC is made up of Customer Groups which are working independently towards one common goal. Our role sits within HMRC’s Chief Digital & Information Office (CDIO) Group that delivers in-house solutions for a broad range of technical and operational issues. Our digital delivery centres are hi-tech, state-of-the-art facilities that allow our teams to maximise their capabilities.
The Digital Engagement Platform is key to the department’s transformation - providing HMRC’s customers with conversational digital assistants, webchat, and multi-synchronous messaging to significantly drive digital adoption and containment.Job description
We’re looking for someone with enthusiasm and drive, strong interpersonal, leadership and strategy skills who enjoys working in an agile environment and understands how user-centric solutions can drive down demand.
You will own the digital engagement strategic roadmap, working closely with the business, delivery teams and external suppliers to ensure problem statements are understood, prioritised, and incorporated into delivery plans. You will ensure alignment of these problems with business priorities and strategic objectives to significantly drive digital adoption and containment whilst reducing operational costs. An integral part of the role is proactively leading on and maintaining key relationships with internal stakeholders at a senior level and with external vendor partners to positively influence direction and exploitation of the Digital Engagement Platform capabilities.
As HMRC strives for an ‘omni-channel Contact Centre approach’ – you will influence senior leaders and embed a shared approach and vision across the business and technical work strands to ensure a collaborative, efficient and streamlined approach.
The Digital Engagement team are responsible for the development and delivery of products and their continued optimisation, helping customers engage with HMRC digitally and supporting the department’s ‘digital first’ ambition.
As the Lead Business Relationship Manager (BRM) you will play a key role in leading engagement with directors and senior leaders to ensure their complex needs are understood, prioritised, and incorporated into delivery plans. The Lead BRM will be responsible for ensuring digital demands are met - working alongside the Digital Engagement Platform Lead Product Manager and with other IT and business functions. They will make a positive impact on HMRC through reduction of costs arising from service issues and increased efficiency.Person specification
- Relentlessly drive, manage, and own the delivery of the digital engagement strategic roadmap
- Encourage, champion, and maintain a ‘digital first’ mindset across HMRC
- Support the delivery of optimised change across the digital contact portfolio, aiming for an omni-channel Contact Centre approach
- Define, implement, and maintain HMRC’s digital strategy in support of the department’s channel strategy
- Provide guidance to others on working in the strategic context and evaluate current strategies to ensure digital requirements are being met
- Ensure continued consideration of and alignment with HMRC’s major transformation programmes
- Build relationships with and positively influence a broad range of senior stakeholders
- Own and maintain the vendor partner relationship in line with commercial agreements
- Lead commercial activity including procurement and contract management
- Experience of working in a digital environment, preferably across digital contact including Digital Assistants/Conversational User Interfaces, web chat and multi-synchronous messaging
- Experience in developing strong, influential stakeholder relationships at all levels, consistently delivering inspiring, engaging, and meaningful messages to influence the future direction of digital services
- Proven ability to develop the long-term vision and objectives for digital services, being discerning and disciplined in focusing on what is important and most relevant, and able to develop this capability in othersunderstanding of new and emerging digital technologies and the opportunities they provide to improve the delivery of public services in the UK
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- An environment with flexible working options
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet