2nd Line Support
2nd Line Support Description
For the right candidate, this is a fantastic customer facing opportunity to join a fast paced media company and be part of an advancing technology department. The right candidate will experience a rewarding role that blends a mixture of hands on technology support and end user satisfaction whilst often being at the forefront of new technologies.
- Have experience of operating within a large corporate technology environment with similar volumes of users mentioned above.
- Ensure cross-team liaison both internally and with external vendors/suppliers to ensure Exec incidents and requests are handled with priority and that the customer is constantly updated as to progress.
- Work with internal IT Teams and project teams to facilitate project work-streams when required.
- Have a keen proactive interest in new technologies and share improvement ideas accordingly with line management. Contribution to team meetings is a must.
- Ensure consistent and concise communications in written and verbal form at all times adhering to templates where available e.g. software upgrades, service outages.
- Have the ability to manage upwards and field questions from senior and line management while managing expectations accordingly.
- Have an excellent grounding in client, server and file level security to ensure key business data and ‘IP’ is protected accordingly.
- Have the ability to coach other First line, IT Helpdesk staff through various tasks where required by way of knowledge transfer or “buddy system”.
- Have the skills to isolate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues by phone, remotely, email, or escalate to 3rd Line Engineers and or professional services to achieve satisfactory outcomes.
- Understand remove connectivity solutions including SCCM and Remote Desktop
- Be proactive and able to assign appropriate priorities while managing workload effectively.
- Identity Management (Quest/Dell IDM) / Active Directory Administration including group membership and Group Policy Troubleshooting
- PC, Laptop, Mac and Device Support
- Windows 7 / Windows 10 Operating System including profile management (Local and Roaming)
- Apple Mac OSX (Desktop and Laptop)
- iOS / Android / Windows Phone
- Security of the operating system against Active Directory Groups
- Mainstreams Office Productivity Support – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Access and Office 365
- SCCM Software Deployment, Packaging, Reporting, Compliance, Software Updates, Remote Connection and Audit Administration
- Casper Mac Device Management
- Citrix Client Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Understanding of Basic Network Principles (WAN, LAN, WLAN, ADSL including TCP/IP/DHCP & DNS)
- VPN Technologies – End Point Configuration, Troubleshooting.
- User Management including Active Directory/Identity Management Systems
- Printer configuration and troubleshooting (Local and Network)
- Email and Web Site Security/Troubleshooting & Blocking/Releasing (Message Labs)
- End Point Security Technologies (McAfee/EPO) and End Point Laptop Encryption (McAfee) for Mac and PC.
*2nd Line Support, Customer Service, Windows, M365, VPN*
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet
Secondary School or equivalent