Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Oxford, Oxfordshire, UK
£40,000 - £45,000 / year
94 days ago
Electrical maintenance engineer
Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Flexible on experience - real progression opportunities
We are looking for electrical maintenance engineer experienced in electrical engineering to join our chemical manufacturing plant based in Oxford. We want this engineer to join our established team of enthusiastic engineers.
The electrical maintenance Engineer role has the primary responsibility for maintenance and preventive maintenance of the equipment and the facility, establishing and following safe maintenance work practices, and regulatory compliance of maintenance activities.
Electrical maintenance engineer duties
- Experience with Arc flash calculations
- Working in high voltage panels
- Coordination studies
- Infrared inspections
- Compliance with UK regulatory inspections and the UK certifications for high voltage power work
- Write/Develop and maintain SOP’s for maintenance and preventive maintenance of equipment
- Train new maintenance technicians
- Rebuilding equipment
- Inspecting facility & equipment
- Preventive maintenance on facility and equipment
- Changing oil on equipment
- Monitoring equipment status (vibration, oils analysis, visual inspection, audible
- inspection, etc.)
- Electrical installations
- Fault finding on a PLC
- Executing receiving end of lock, tag and try procedure
- Troubleshoot, repair, complete preventive maintenance, and rebuild equipment: Air
- compressors; air dryers; vacuum pumps; valves; filters; instrumentation; etc.
- Complete monthly checks of safety equipment.
- Replacing valves, actuators, instruments, piping, tubing, and small vessels
- Maintain areas in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, minor facility
- repairs, etc.
- Work flexible hours and schedule to achieve manufacturing objectives.
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture to ensure safety for the employee, public and environment.
Electrical maintenance engineer benefits
- Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Overtime available
- Salary £40000
- £5,000 on call allowance
- 25 days holiday
- Private healthcare
- Overtime and time in lieu
If the above Electrical maintenance engineer is of interest or you would like to find out more then please get in contact using the details below.
Contact number - 01189239206
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities