We are seeking an enthusiastic Buyer to join our well-established engineering company; we are the market leader within our industry looking for an experienced engineering Buyer to join their skilled team.
The Buyer must be able to fit into their friendly team environment and will be responsible for establishing, developing, and negotiating supplier agreements for a variety of goods and projects. This is an exciting opportunity for a Buyer to join an expanding business and progress their career as they continue to perform as the market leaders. The Buyer will sit within the customer services team to take control of procurement of spare parts .
The Buyer will be involved in the following duties:
- Check SAP purchasing requisitions daily
- Instigate purchase orders and manage re-scheduling and expediting.
- Maintain and ensure all SAP data is accurate, manage engineering changes.
- To take responsibility for establishing, developing and negotiating supplier agreements for a range of goods and services.
- Participate with Engineering and Quality in the selection and improvement of suppliers including:
- Maintain a high level of communication with vendors.
- Visit suppliers to keep-up-to-date with their facilities.
- Investigate new/improved methods of supply chain practices
- Look for opportunities to reduce costs whenever possible.
The suitable Buyer should have the following skills & experience:
- Graduate calibre or purchasing professional, preferably with an engineering background.
- Knowledge of purchasing within an engineering/manufacturing environment and an understanding of modern planning/purchasing techniques.
- A current clean full driving license.
- Understanding of MRP and Kanban philosophies.
- Good IT Skills i.e. SAP, Word and Excel
Along with a competitive salary the successful candidate will also be rewarded with a 5% annual bonus, if you would like to hear more on the role hit the APPLY NOW BUTTON!
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Manufacturing