Title: Production Planner
Hours: 36.25 hours a week 9-5
Benefits: Holiday, Flexi start/finish, on-site parking, subsidised canteen
Type: Fixed 12-month contract
If you have great organisational & communication skills, pay close attention to detail, and thrive when working under pressure in a fast-paced environment, this may be the perfect opportunity for you because our client is looking for a driven Production Planner.
We have an excellent opportunity as a Production Planner for a truly unique client that offers tremendous opportunity for growth and development in your career, offering both internal and external training to help improve your skills. With a secure order book, you will be working for a very stable business with an excellent working environment.
As a Production Planner, you will carry out the following duties;
- Developing & putting together job packs, including drawings, and work orders, then issuing them out to manufacturing.
- Organising the manufacturing arrangements & operations to help guide teams with the construction of product routings/BOM’s.
- Making sure the availability of materials/components & stock control are in correlation to workload.
- Joining production meetings to communicate progress and outstanding/urgent production issues.
- Ensuring the workload/jobs are scheduled according to maximise efficiency.
- Efficiently liaise with several different departments regarding production shortages/progress updates.
- Keeping an eye on the company MRP system & plan for the supply/demand requirements to ensure the production schedule.
Required skillset for the Production Planner are:-
- Qualification in engineering/strong manufacturing background
- Ability to problem solve with good attention to detail.
- Understanding and ability to interpret technical drawings.
- Great communicator & organiser.
- Computer literate & experience with ERP/MRP systems & Excel
- Happy to work in a team environment.
If the job role of the Production Planner sounds like it suits you, please click apply now!
If you would like to hear more information about the Production Planner, please contact Olympia at Orion in Reading.
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing