Solicitor's Office and Legal Services (SOLS) is HMRC’s legal function. We support the department to achieve its objectives through our collective legal, tax, accountancy, insolvency and other professional expertise. This includes:
- Legal advice on policy and compliance across the range of HMRC’s functions.
- The development and drafting of primary and secondary legislation.
- The conduct of litigation in a variety of courts and tribunals in relation to tax, benefits and other matters.
- Criminal law advice to HMRC’s Fraud Investigation Service.
- Commercial law advice to HMRC as a major buyer of complex IT and other services.
- The provision of legal advice and support to HMRC in relation to the UK Covid-19 Inquiry.
We also provide technical accountancy and forensic services to HMRC, are head of the Compliance Accountants’ and insolvency professions as well as handling Ministerial Correspondence and Freedom of Information requests for HMRC. On 21 July 2020, the government published its 10-year strategy to build a trusted, modern tax administration system and SOLS is at the heart of delivering that strategy.Job description
This role sits in the Litigation Directorate (SOLS A) and will be part of the Litigation Directorate Leadership Team, reporting to the Director of Litigation.
The Litigation Directorate (SOLS A) conducts litigation on behalf of HMRC in relation to the most complex, high-value and high-profile cases, including corporate tax disputes and the bigger individual disputes. SOLS A is made up of six teams of about 130 colleagues who are mainly lawyers, alongside paralegals and support staff.Person specification
The successful candidate must be qualified as a Solicitor or Barrister and able to practice in England and Wales.
- Excellent legal professional skills with knowledge of public law and experience in delivering legal services within a government or wider public sector context; the ability to think creatively and give authoritative risk-based legal direction that facilitates practical solutions.
- A strong leader who can engage and inspire a geographically disparate team to deliver excellent legal services, and drive and influence transformation within the wider team, particularly in digital and data.
- The ability to contribute to the effective leadership and management of the wider Directorate and SOLS, embedding a positive, diverse, and inclusive culture that supports wellbeing and encourages learning and development.
- The ability to work collaboratively to understand diverse customer needs in order to deliver high quality and efficient legal services.
- Demonstrable ability to work collaboratively with senior leaders across SOLS, HMRC, GLD and external stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge of civil litigation, enforcement and insolvency and the other legal areas within the role profile.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services