Mechanical Design Engineer
(2-3 Years Experience)
A Farnborough-based manufacturing company are currently seeking their next Mechanical Design Engineer who has 2-3 years of Industry experience to join its growing R&D Team.
This company has established a solid commercial platform with market-leading customers and now starts an exciting phase of growth.
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company that has ambition and does not want to stand still!
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be involved in;
- Full product Life-Cycle Design of mechanical components (Including Prototyping, Hands-on testing, analysis etc)
- Producing design briefs and specifications for new products
- Working to tight deadlines, designing and managing multipart products from specification documents
- Communicate with manufacturers to get prototypes manufactured and technical issues resolved
- Manage project budgets & BOM costs using existing components where possible
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have;
- Mechanical Engineering Degree/ HNC
- 2-3 Years of Industrial experience outside of university
- Proficient in 3D CAD
- Exposure to or knowledge of full product life-cycle design processes
- An appreciation for Sheet metal, Injection Moulding or electronics would be beneficial
- Experience with FEA simulation tool
- Highly motivated, with the ability to work independently or within a team
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in producing drawings and 3D models, design for assembly and design for manufacture.
If you are looking to kick-start your career or feel a lack of progression in your current role, then please click APPLY NOW or get in touch with Chloe Sterry at Orion to find out more!!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities