Benefits: Flexibility on start/finish times, Bonus, Pension, 26 days holiday (+ 8 days bank holiday) health option and ongoing development opportunities
Fantastic opportunity for a motivated and results-driven Buyer / Purchasing professional to undertake a varied role with ongoing development opportunities within a world-class business in support of high-end electro-mechanical products.
You will be part of a passionate and supportive team offering ongoing personal and professional development.
The Buyer’s role will be to support the current team within a fast-paced manufacturing environment with the opportunity to support key projects ad grow your project and strategic skills.
Working as part of the core supply chain team you will be responsible for supporting purchasing of direct parts and related items for manufacture across an electro-mechanical commodity range spanning electronic components and PCB’s through to metalwork (machined and fabricated items) as well as other associated consumable items.
You will be provided with training and development to develop your skill in areas such as supporting project teams during New product development and supplier evaluation, so attitude and passion to develop are key.
Responsibilities for Buyer will include:
- Purchasing input to support to new products and suppliers
- Placing purchase orders on the MRP / ERP system
- Ensure lowest overall cost of acquisition
- Support to New Product Development Projects from a purchasing perspective
- Ensure suppliers deliver product to agreed delivery dates and helping to put together a plan for poorly performing suppliers
- Monitoring supplier performance and supplier assessment (working with the supplier quality team)
- Sourcing new suppliers for obsolete or hard to source items
To succeed in this interesting role, you will either be an engineering buyer / production Buyer with proven experience looking for the opportunity to own and grow the role or be looking to further develop your purchasing skills.
- Passion to grow and develop the role and your skills essential, as are excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to make decisions and meet targets
- Engineering / Manufacturing or Production buying/procurement or purchasing background / exposure
- ERP/ MRP or SAP experience
Likely to suit individuals with a background as (but not limited to) Engineering Buyer, Supply Chain coordinator, Analyst, Assistant Buyer, Engineering Buyer, Production Purchasing co-ordinator, Technical Buyer, NPI Buyer, Production procurement, electronic buyer, purchasing assistant, commodity specialist or similar
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ fleible start, bonus, healh plan, pension ++
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities