Senior Design Engineer
A brilliant design opportunity has risen to join an ambitious Aerospace interiors company focused on innovation, quality, and sustainability, taking the industry by storm.
Working on either legacy products, or New Product Integration, the chosen Senior Design Engineer will be tasked with owning and delivering work packages achieving on time delivery whilst meeting all specific requirements including reliability and performance.
Legacy Senior Design Engineer
- To deliver linefit and retrofit engineering projects on time, to specification, ensuring compliance to the airframe and regulatory (CAA, EASA and FAA) requirements.
- To ensure that all airframer, integrator and customer requirements are successfully negotiated and met.
- To provide technical guidance and co-ordination to the applications engineering team and to have technical sign off for engineering changes and design releases.
- To work by best practice of modular assembly build and configuration is followed to ensure the team maximise productivity, quality of output and agility to customise the baseline product.
NPI Senior Design Engineer
- To take ownership for the design & development of key modules of the product system achieving, reliability, performance, aesthetic, cost & weight targets.
- To work closely with suppliers to develop the design, taking into consideration supplier capability and piece cost, as well as identifying & exploiting opportunities for technical or commercial advantage.
- Take responsibility for assigned elements of the design, ensuring parts and assemblies are designed to achieve an integrated product and aircraft installation design solution.
- Perform fundamental engineering hand calculations (including stress and stiffness) to substantiate the design of the product where necessary.
Both role responsibilities
- Act as a senior member of the engineering team, championing best practice, developing less experienced colleagues and providing effective support to your line manager, deputising when required.
- Apply professional expertise & judgement appropriately to deliver engineering programmes, using own initiative and with minimal supervision, independently identifying issues & risks & proactively coming up with solutions to overcome them, while escalating issues and risks to management in a timely manner when necessary.
- Support the engineering management team in identifying and implementing improvements to engineering processes systems and tools to maximise the efficiency, quality of output and agility of the engineering team.
- To provide checking and approval of peers’ designs and drawings using the drawing approval process.
- Validate & develop design through evaluation of prototypes where appropriate.
- Progress assigned work packages from concept through to supporting production, adhering to the process.
- Liaise with internal and, where applicable, external customers to ensure design requirements are understood and achieved.
- Conduct presentations internally and at critical reviews to the customer.
- Liaise with certification, test, and stress teams to ensure designs meet the structural and aircraft airworthiness requirements.
- Support multiple programmes in parallel.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Experience of delivering aircraft interiors product that is compliant to the airframe spec and CAA, EASA & FAA regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working on structural mechanical product development programmes in a design, manufacturing, and test environment.
- Experience in the latest manufacturing techniques such as injection mouldings, vacuum forming, castings, forgings, extrusions, and machining from solid.
- Experience of developing and implementing best practice methodologies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty, and to identify the “route-through” to delivery.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing