Technical Services Manager
£70,000 (dependant on experience)
The role of the Technical Services Manager is to provide leadership, management, and direction within the team for all aspects of existing and new clients and their risks.
This will include the provision of technical support and guidance to the clients, the business units within the company and those connected companies.
The Technical Services manager will also involve assisting in the general development of the Technical Department in all aspects, especially those relating to the documentation going to the market and client and the internal processes while ensuring that risks and documentation conform to the current regulatory requirements.
- Min 10 years London market (RE)Insurance experience.
- Proven understanding of technical processing.
- Relevant knowledge of Lloyds, UK and international regulatory and taxation requirements.
- Considerable knowledge of Xchanging systems.
- Knowledge of Sector.
Management and direction within the team for the accurate and timely completion of the workflow to ensure that all clients both existing and new are provided with a first-class service.
The functions and responsibilities include: -
- Working with the team and supporting the production, maintenance and construction of new and existing MRC slips for both UK and International risks.
- Undertaking and ensuring adequate peer reviews of all documentation and statistics.
- Liaison and communication with team leaders, producers and account handlers internally within the company to help secure new business and retain clients. Where required assist with client and underwriter communications and visits.
- Accurate preparation of MRC slips, endorsements and all associated documentation, including renewals, using LMA and other wordings.
- Draft, review and amend wordings – ideally direct and reinsurance, commercial and consumer.
- Attend and contribute to Technical team meetings.
- Manage the timely processing of premium to the markets and subsequent adjustments and preparation of necessary LPANs to be submitted to Xchanging.
- Generating accurate statistical information relevant to the risk or program.
- Review department system processes and procedures, making recommendations for improvements where necessary.
- Providing technical advice, support and guidance to other team members and supported companies.
- Working with the IT team to provide requirements for systems, reporting and other functions.
- Managing PPL as this evolves.
- Liaising with the binding authority team to ensure a seamless service to clients and insurers.
Please forward your application for the Technical Services Manager to KSA Insurance recruitment