Experience- PHD-commercial setting.
Great time to join-
Recently we closed a large second investment round from Catapult Ventures, Maven Ventures and 6 angel investors part of the Manchester Tech Trust.
We help world-leading research companies & scientists solve the most difficult biomedical challenges of today. We do this by curating truths in biomedicine. Our technology uses AI and human biomedical expertise to tie together mostly unused sources of knowledge (‘dark data’) to enrich our understanding of biomedicine.
We are a small, but growing team and are searching for extremely talented individuals who’ll join us in our mission. You will have years of top experience working as a bioinformatician, most likely after completing a PhD, although this could have been gained from a commercial setting. Most importantly, you must demonstrate that you’re either at or approaching the peak of your career and are ready to apply these skills in a challenging environment where your work will have a direct impact on our success. You:
- Are an expert problem solver, with a strong portfolio of existing research.
- Are driven by a desire for quality, pragmatic, a continuous learner & critical thinker.
- Have vast experience of one of systems biology, network biology and drug discovery. We are flexible here, but these are the areas that appeal to us most.
- Are stats mad, with the ability to use R, Matlab or any other popular statistics platform.
- Proficient at script writing (Python etc.). We have a separate software engineering team.
- Comfortable writing and assisting with grants and publications.
- Are able to design research projects from scratch. We love to experiment.
- Competitive pay. We have a large ceiling for top applicants.
- Options (employee share scheme).
- Talented team to work alongside.
- Located in the Manchester Science Park with excellent inner and outer city transport links.
- Broad, modern tech stack.
- Ability to work with some of the world’s leading biomedical research companies to drive the development of the therapeutics of the future.
- Creativity & innovation strongly encouraged & rewarded.
- Recent investment, clear roadmap and highly motivating work with an opportunity to make a real difference to biomedical developments.
Vast experience in systems biology, network biology, drug discovery, Experience with R, Matlab or other popular statistic platforms.