On behalf of an SENd College based in the heart of Stockton-on-Tees, Hello Education are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated SEN Teaching Assistants to work students with with high functioning autism, Aspergers Syndrome and related difficulties such as ADHD(Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), mental health problems and anxiety. A number of the students have been out of education and training for some time or had difficult experiences in education in the past and are now benefitting from our flexible and creative approaches to teaching and learning
Due to the nature of the job role, we will only be able to consider applicants who have previously supported pupils or young adults with Autism and have a great understanding of how Autism can present in daily activities.
The school are ideally looking for an experienced SEN Teaching Assistants who will be able to engage with pupils in lessons and use tailored resources to help them achieve their full potential.
To be considered the SEN Teaching Assistant will have the following;
· At least 1 year supporting pupils or young adults with Autism
· Great communication skills
· Be patient, resilient and reliable
· Good understanding of SEN specially Autism
· Previously supported on a 1:1 basis and be able to work independently
· Enhanced DBS on the update service
The role is to begin as soon as possible and is ongoing until February half term, however is likely to be extended further.
Hello Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing, referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
In return, Hello Education can offer;
- Market leading pay scale for all employees
- Friendly and dedicated consultants who provide round the clock support in your new role
- ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay
Contract, On a daily basis
- Industry Sector Education