A new position has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer who enjoys taking on new projects, meeting challenges to undertake a varied, key project driven role. As Manufacturing / Production Engineer, you will have key accountability for undertaking project support of manufacturing transfer of key products.
The position will suit an electro-mechanical / mechanical Manufacturing / Production Engineer with proven assembly experience.
The role will encompass undertaking Manufacturing Engineering activities to ensure that project timescales are fully supported. This will involve in depth Manufacturing Engineering support for projects, working as part of a multi-disciplined team within a complex electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing environment.
Key Responsibilities for Manufacturing Engineer will include:
- Undertaking production engineering tasks associated with the transfer of product manufacturing to a new manufacturing area which will involve creating build documentation for product manufacture and update existing documentation where required and conducting and review company PFMEA activities for existing products.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities and process improvements.
- Design of tooling and test equipment (CAD ideally but not essential), process validation, generation of capital authorisation requests for plant equipment or tooling.
To succeed in this varied and interesting Project based Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering role you will ideally need to have:
- A number of years proven mechanical / electro-mechanical assembly production engineering experience in a manufacturing support role,
- MRP experience and process development experience.
- Project Engineering / manufactuirng transfer expertise desirable but not essential.
- First class communication skills required.
Please apply via the link or contact Alison Kemp for further details.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
HND/HNC or equivalent