Transport engineering technician needed in london £19.25ph ref 784346
Full time hours on a temporary basis.
Overall Purpose of Job
To be responsible for the planning, development and delivery of various parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport schemes within the Transport Policies & Programmes team.
To work as part of the Transport Policies & Programmes team identifying and progressing parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport schemes to implementation to help reduce congestion, improve road safety and air quality, to enable and encourage sustainable and active travel and to enhance the environment.
- The post-holder reports to the Senior Project Manager Traffic Management, Road Safety & Parking Design.
- The post holder has no line management responsibility but may be asked to help mentor junior staff including student engineers and apprentices.
- The post-holder is responsible for the development of parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport related schemes as allocated, from the investigation stage, through initial design and consultation, to detailed design and implementation, obtaining as necessary the required approvals and consents.
- The post-holder is expected to assist the Project Manager with project management tasks including the monitoring and management of specific parking, traffic management, road safety and sustainable transport related schemes, and project programmes and budgets, as allocated.
- The post-holder may be required to work evenings, weekends and occasional public holidays, in order to meet service requirements.
- The post-holder has specific Health and Safety and risk management responsibilities in respect of co-ordinating service delivery.
If you are interested in the role, please email your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number
Essential Employment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. Essential Employment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities