The company is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of innovative process automation, equipment, parts service, and consumables for a number of industries. They strive to have a caring, people-centric culture that drives the team to unlock its full potential every day. Fuelled by 100 years of innovation, with just over 100 staff on-site, many of whom are long-standing within the company.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Fitter:
- Building complex mechanical units using a variety of handheld tools
- Working from Engineering/Technical Drawings
- Quality checking mechanical builds after completion
What do we require from you as the Mechanical Fitter?
- Recent experience in a similar role
- Ensuring deadlines are in line with company expectations
- Ensure that safe working practices are carried out.
- To comply with company Health & Safety protocols and PPE
- Team player
- Some knowledge of Electrical Fitting is desirable but not essential
- Hours: 8 am – 4.30 pm, Monday – Friday (total of 40 hours per week)
- Occasional overtime
- Canteen onsite
- 25 days of holiday plus bank holidays
- company pension scheme
- Very good employee retention rate
If you like the sound of the role of this Mechanical Fitter, then simply click and apply now. Need more information? Please contact Luke Batham at Orion Electrotech (reading) for a confidential conversation.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Manufacturing
Secondary School or equivalent