Full-time (37 hours per week) Fm Soft Services Manager contract to start ASAP.
Monday to Friday
What is the Job?
1. Encourage staff within the teams to meet their full potential and foster teamwork by creating an environment where ideas and innovation are explored and existing practices are challenged where improvement is possible.
2. Implementation of operational plans within the service areas to fit with broader functional and Council strategy and contribution to the development of the Council’s Facilities Management strategies and policies to ensure an excellent, consistent and customer driven service is delivered across the Council’s operational portfolio.
3. Evaluate current working practices and recommend improvements in line with service delivery requirements and resources. Identify ways to improve value for money, efficiency and/or effectiveness in all activities.
4. Engage and regularly communicate with building users including establishing a rolling programme of Building User Group meetings across the Council’s operational estate to receive feedback on any issues.
5. Assist the Head of FM in scoping, procuring and managing third party works and services relating to cleaning, security and portering services.
6. Lead in the continuous development and improvement of the Soft FM services and to support Council services.
What are the requirements?
· Knowledge of modern facilities management methods and delivery systems and how to apply them.
· Knowledge of performance management models and how they can be applied to supplier management.
· Detailed knowledge of cleaning and security services and delivery methods.
· Good working knowledge of health and safety and ability to interpret policy and legislation and implement best practice across all service line working practices and contractor management.
· Knowledge and understanding of budget setting, control and monitoring.
· Knowledge of energy management, control and monitoring.
- Experience in the management and delivery of Facilities Management services (specifically cleaning and security) to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to manage customer and contractor relations and forge strong networks and alliances with internal teams, contractors and suppliers.
- Experience of successfully managing projects and awareness of the importance of managing issues and risks.
- A sound knowledge of best practice in performance management and the ability to develop a performance management culture within a facilities management environment.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership in all situations (including emergency situations) and to formulate effective and appropriate responses on the basis of sound technical knowledge.
Disclaimer: On applying for this vacancy, you agree that your personal details will be passed onto our client, (or any third parties we have dealings with) for their consideration of your suitability for the role. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to notify teqniq Limited of any hirer who I do not want my details to be passed onto.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other