£34,404 + 32% Pens (STC) + Flexitime/Hours + 3 days WFH a week
+ 2 days from our Leeds Hub + 25 days holiday + Course Access + More.
HMRC is building a modern, digital tax administration. Our digital transformation programme is ambitious, exciting and award winning. This programme is the envy of other government organisations and it will make HMRC one of the most digitally sophisticated tax authorities in the world.
About the Role
Are you a Support specialist or Support Analyst looking for an interesting new opportunity?
Now is a fantastic time to start building your career in our exciting, creative and world-class IT team.
If you want to learn a lot, help others do the same and be part of delivering public service that makes a real difference, HMRC is a great place to do that.
About the Team
Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) are at the heart of the HMRC Chief Digital Information Officer (CDIO) group. We handle HMRC’s core integration/middleware services, taking care of over a billion transactions every year and connecting hundreds of HMRC services.
We provide platforms for delivering Application Programming Interface (API) access to HMRC systems. We also provide artefacts and support for API consumers to build and manage authorised software that seamlessly integrates with HMRC digital services.
We use modern open-source products and work in an Agile way to deliver flexible, effective integration solutions.
The Enterprise Integration Services (EIS) team provide middle-ware integration services and platforms for HMRC.
As an Application Support Analyst you will provide vital 24x7 (via rota) production support to EIS services and applications, in accordance with HMRC standard governance and processes for live service support. The rota is for out of hours support and is currently 1 week in 4 (subject to change once vacancy is filled). Rotas are required for on call incident resolution for mainly Priority 1 and Priority 2 issues to ensure HMRC platforms are supported 24 hours, 7 days a week for our customers.
You will work closely with and be a first point of contact for HMRC teams and third-party service providers, providing first/second-line technical support and troubleshooting incidents and issues in line with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). The key platforms are Customs Declarations Service and Borders and Trade services.
You will understand Cloud concepts and environments, be self-motivated and have a professional approach: Someone who is comfortable taking the lead on issues, a confident communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a dedication to continuous improvement in self and others.
This role maps to the cross-government framework for the Digital, Data and Technology (DDaT) profession role of Application Support Analyst. For more information visit the GOV.UK DDaT page.
This role is an exciting opportunity suited to someone who is proactive and hard-working, has recent experience in a similar role and enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Providing first/second line technical support for incident and issue triage and resolution.
- Monitoring and alerting services, including managing capacity and availability.
- Handling requests for service and support, assessing risk and managing change.
- Ticket handling via Jira and Service Now.
- Testing platforms and products to ensure performance and reliability meet agreed SLAs.
- Performing platform-level operations (e.g. starting/stopping services, load balancer re-routing, etc.).
- Producing reporting packs.
- Maintaining and configuring production tools.
- Maintaining support documentation, incl. asset and configuration management.
- Supporting the development of a modern automated integration platform, including determining and defining best practice and standards.
- Championing and mentoring colleagues.
You will need to demonstrate practical knowledge and experience in the following:
- Application Support within ‘public cloud’ environments, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Incident and issue triage and resolution (first/second line.
- Use and support of Cloud-based services in scheduling, supporting API’s, monitoring/alerting/logging (Kibana) and middleware.
Ideally, you will also demonstrate practical knowledge and experience in the following:
- WS02, Rabbit MQ, ELK stack, Berlin SOS JS, Grafana, AWS, etc.
- RESTful APIs and understanding of API requests and API response codes.
- Working with third-parties/suppliers; and ITIL Framework
Follow link through to learn more and apply before role closure at 11:55pm on Friday 27th January 2023 or reach out to me to learn more.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services