Hybrid working + Flexi-time + Flexi-days + 32% Pen (STC)
+ 25 days holiday + Upskilling + Qualification access + More.
At HMRC we are committed to creating a great place to work for all our colleagues; an inclusive and respectful environment that reflects the diversity of the society we serve.
We want to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for us and we offer a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you.
Diverse perspectives and experiences are critical to our success and we welcome applications from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
About the Team
CDIO CE&ITBS purpose is to drive a customer-centric approach to transforming services for HMRC Customers.
Our aim is to drive digital innovation and to re-engineer services aligned to our IT, contractual and sourcing strategies and to deliver significantly improved digital services.
About the Role
Have you led teams through the Agile delivery life cycle?
Can you mentor and motivate others?
Do you want to use your experience to deliver new services with exciting new technologies?
If so, we’re looking for you to work as a Senior Delivery Manager on the Customer Engagement & IT Business Services Pega Delivery Team
In this role, you’ll support Delivery Managers in leading agile deliveries. You’ll coach and mentor them, share best practice and act as an escalation point.
You’ll also be hands on driving continuous improvement and handling collaborators – every single day will be different.
You’ll deliver one sophisticated project or several smaller projects, with the opportunity to drive them through the software life-cycle and keep working with new technologies.
You’ll work closely with Product Managers focused around Pega technologies to ensure the right Pega technology is being used for your projects, collaborating on the creation of road-maps.
You’ll also be a key part of a Pega-focused delivery management community, where you’ll be able to contribute to new delivery standards and ways of working across the Pega Delivery Team products and services. As part of this community, you’ll be supported in developing both your own delivery management skill set and your Pega technical knowledge.
- Deliver software throughout the whole software life-cycle from discovery through to live service.
- Support delivery managers in building and maintaining motivated teams and balanced backlogs of work.
- Protect teams and make sure they collaborate, communicate, and focus on what is most meaningful.
- Mentor other delivery managers, team members and others, facilitating continuous improvement and applying the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques.
- Proactively manage dependencies, overcome obstacles, and get the best value against constraints.
- May handle risks, budgets, and people.
- Build positive relationships with senior partners across the organisation, working with them to ensure they understand the value of agile methodologies.
- Act as an escalation point, supporting teams with strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Experience of successful delivery within an agile environment over multiple stages of the software life-cycle.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in designing and delivering new systems and changes to existing systems.
- A proven understanding of scrum and the software delivery life-cycle.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Pega platform, the Pega Customer Service product and the Pega Express delivery approach.
- Knowledge of DevOps practices.
- A working knowledge of Pega Agile Studio.
Please follow link to learn more and apply or reach out to me
before 11:55 pm on Thursday 2nd February 2023
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Public Sector & Services