Are you an IT architect with experience of using and defining integration patterns?
If so, continue reading to find out more about this fantastic opportunity to join HMRC - one of the largest and most dynamic IT infrastructures in Europe, and we are now one of the most digitally advanced tax authorities in the world.
This role sits within HMRC’s Enterprise Architecture team. The team is responsible for setting the Integration Strategy, defining platform capabilities, drawing roadmaps and reference architectures as well as helping to govern against these directions.
This position assists in creating and evolving integration road-maps that will drive the adoption of modern technology, whilst pushing HMRC’s hugely complex IT estate towards a smaller set of strategic platforms and business system.
This Senior Enterprise Architect role will provide opportunities to provide strategic directions and road-maps across multi-functional teams to promote consistent architecture across HMRC.
You will be defining our integration strategy and road-maps, aligning them with business strategies and requirements and obtaining senior stakeholder consensus.
As part of the Enterprise Architecture team, you will engage at a strategic level, influencing policy, and setting direction for technical and business change. You will play a key role in ensuring that HMRC develops and maintains a strong IT Architecture capability.Person specification
You will have demonstrable experience and knowledge of:
- IT and Enterprise Architecture (EA), including leadership of strategic directions/road-maps for Enterprise scale platforms/capabilities.
- Strategic engagements with stakeholders, with evidence of setting IT strategy, influencing business customers and taking a lead role to enable both IT and business change.
- Developing Technical Capability within an organisation, including empowering, supporting and developing staff to achieve highest performance standards.
- Architecting enterprise-wide IT applications, including making use of enterprise cloud platforms - SaaS and PaaS.
- Architecting platform/technology transformation, aligned to business and technology strategies and outcomes.
- TOGAF or CITP, Cloud certifications in AWS/Azure etc.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture tools such as Abacus, etc.
- Experience of Architecture Governance.
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Strong knowledge and experience with API's, file transfers and data streaming services.
- Understanding of different types of APIs and their use cases. e.g. RESTFul API, Streaming API and Event driven APIs.
- Experience of full life cycle API management, preferably with experience in using Kong API management tool set.
- Knowledge and experience with event driven architecture.
- Knowledge and experience in one or more cloud platforms, AWS/Azure etc.
- Knowledge and experience of one or more tools in the space of data integration, data transformation and data virtualisation.
- Knowledge and experience of EA tools.
Want to know more about the role?
Join our 30-minute webinar on Thursday 26th January 2023 at 11:00 to 11:30 to talk with the vacancy holder.
To register your interest, please email [email protected]
Please put the job role in the title.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector IT & Internet