- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Bletchley, Buckinghamshire, UK
£23.48 - £30.00 / hour
66 days ago
Orion Rail are looking for multiple Maintenance Technicians to join a leading UK Rail business.
Job Location: Oxley / Bletchley / Birmingham
Hourly Pay Rate: £23.48 PAYE / £30.00 Umbrella
Shifts: Must be flexible (Days and Nights)
Start Date: ASAP
Industries Considered: Rolling Stock, Aviation, Plant, Automotive, HGV, PCV, Marine and Armed Forces EX Electrical and Mechanical Engineers
Maintenance Technician Summary:
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for carrying out routine maintenance, repair and fault finding on Class 730 Electric Multiple Unit. Take overall responsibility of vehicle examinations in line with vehicle maintenance instructions (VMI’s).
Undertake all types of maintenance examination work to ensure that we provide a safe, reliable, and defect free train.
Key Responsibilities for the Maintenance Technician will include:
- Undertake technical maintenance to the required standards, and in accordance with all maintenance instructions.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all maintenance documentation prior to Shift Production Manager (SPM) validation and authorisation.
- Produce comprehensive reports on specific fault-finding investigations.
- Compliance with all laid down H&S legislation and depot procedures to ensure a safe accident-free environment.
- Responsible for always keeping the work area clean and tidy and to the highest standards.
- Operation of powered plant, lifting and mechanical handling equipment.
- Responsible for the coaching of staff in good working practices and quality standards. Supporting the Shift Production Manager in the identification of training needs
Ideal Candidate for the Maintenance Technician
A diligent professional able to work well as an individual or in a team.
Relevant experience required:
- History of completing safety critical work
- Ability to undertake detailed fault finding and analysis by reading and following electrical and pneumatic schematic drawings.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical & Mechanical Principles
- Computer literate and experience of using a maintenance management system for work recording.
Minimum requirements NVQ Level 3 award in an Electrical discipline or Mechanical discipline.
PLEASE NOTE ALL APPLICANTS MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUGS AND ALCOHOL TEST BEFORE BEING OFFERED A POSITION (this is standard procedure on Rail depots)
Contract, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities