Engineering Buyer / Supply Chain Engineer
Benefits – BONUS, Midday Finish Friday, 25 days holiday + 8 day bank holidays, pension+
Opportunity for an Engineering Buyer or commercially focused Engineer looking to develop their career in a varied operational supply chain focussed role.
As Buyer / Supply Chain Operations Engineer you will be working for a highly successful business in support of a range of market-leading products.
This is a newly created purchaisng / supply chain operations role and as such there will be considerable opportunity for you to mould and develop the role and undertake a varied position supporting purchasing, planning as well as offering operational support to the business.
The role of Engineering Buyer / Supply Chain Engineer requires strong commercial acumen and is responsible for:
- Purchasing of components for new and existing products
- Planning and forecasting demand for products and components
- Assisting with the negotiation of terms with emphasis on selection of suppliers (Plastics, mechanical /metalwork through to electronics)
- Ensuring BOMs are correctly structured on the MRP system
- Developing the supply base, assisting with developing improvement initiatives spanning all areas of supplier performance.
- Monitoring supply base performance
- Continuous Improvement - Working with the manufacturing team to identify ongoing process improvement, development of manufacturing documentation etc.
- Deputizing for the Operations Manager on occasion.
The ideal candidate could either be:
- an experienced Engineering Buyer looking for more autonomy and a more varied role
- or you may have a manufacturing support / production Engineering background
- or be an apprentice trained Engineer or / HNC/D / and have a mechanical manufacturing or related engineering background looking to build on your existing skills within a successful manufacturing business.
To succeed you will need:
- Previous experience in a production or manufacturing environment (mechcnaial or electro-mechanical)
- as a Buyer or engineer
- A business-like approach, tact and diplomacy when negotiating and the ability to absorb and assess information quickly is essential.
- Attention to detail essential, as are good numerical skills
In return you will be rewarded with a varied role with realistic ongoing progression opportunities.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the link
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
+ BONUS + full package
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities