Head of Projects
£65-75k + benefits package
A global manufacturing business are seeking a Head of Projects to take overall accountability for the Project Execution of the contracts in line with all business and contractual requirements.
As the Head of Projects you will have the following duties:
- Accountable to execute the NPI activities up to and including Phase Gate 6, and in conjunction with Aftersales from Phase Gate 6 and beyond (from sales handover to site handover to customer)
- Responsible for financial performance of projects & profitable growth of unit - P&L, collections, & oversee project performance in line with customer deliverables
- Conducts monthly reviews to ensure accountability to drive effectiveness of all project activities as well as the accurate and timely reporting of financial deliverables and obligations.
- Oversee hot prospect planning, resource and capacity management activities across business
- Ensures that the project portfolio is technically sound, decision making is evidence-based, and consistent with customer expectations and stakeholders’ priorities.
- Accountable for the execution of the program, including changes, in compliance with the business case and contract, throughout the complete life cycle.
- Effectively handles claims / changes together with the Commercial teams.
- Collaborate with other cross functional departments for smooth execution of projects & customer deliverables
- Provides oversight of project implementation including all activities, outputs, and outcomes related to project management and administration, including reporting, budget development and monitoring, financial transactions, execution of project plans, and project performance.
- Oversees the selection and training of qualified program staff, assigning clear roles and responsibilities, providing effective supervision, and managing performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Accountable for Customer Demand input into the GPL & SAP
- Support improvements to the programs in collaboration with stakeholders, for example improvements to product performance and cost and Make/Buy.
- Acts as the voice of the customer with all other stakeholders
- Adheres and drives all Program management and Commercial standards and policies into the organisation in accordance with the company Program Management framework and contribute to process development.
- Actively manages risk and opportunities to mitigate risk exposure and realize opportunities
- Sets KPI for direct reports which not only is project performance but also improvement in business
- Ensure competitive market position and cost competitiveness of the relevant technologies and applications through evaluation vendors and suppliers as part of cost reduction.
- Ensure the organization has a high customer centric focus but with a view to delivering profitable returns, timely delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and inspirationally lead and develop high performance “can do” team, with a focus on nurturing key talents and creating a leadership pipeline
The successful Head of Projects will have the below experience:
- At least 10 years of relevant experience gained within an engineering discipline, ideally within a Pharma/Chemical Engineering environment and in multi-disciplinary engineering project teams.
- Experience on customer management during project execution
- Experience with managing (complex) engineering projects or having acted as Program Manager / functional team leader; has led teams.
- Significant experience in commercial, finance, engineering or project management disciplines.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge in all functional disciplines and be proficient in the fundamentals of Program Management, finance and LEAN principles.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, negotiation, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor highly skilled and experienced direct reports
- Experience to deal with OSD technologies would be preferred
- Strong operational and cost focus based proven track record of work experience in similar role
- Independent handling projects & site commissioning
- Software knowledge on MS office, Project scheduling, SAP
- Pre-order and post order pricing and budgeting
- Experience with Change management
If you are interested in this above opportunity please click ‘apply’ or contact Lucy at Orion today, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing