- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK
£30,000 - £40,000 / year
61 days ago
£30-40k per annum
Working as a Quality Engineer, you will be joining a global manufacturing business in their purpose built, state of the art facility based in Basingstoke. Employees in this organisation are driven by innovation. A career at this company will enable you to be involved in the design, development, production and marketing of innovative products, systems and services for advanced solutions within their field.
As a Quality Engineer your duties will include:
- Supporting the quality manager with activities relating to quality matters.
- Upholding conformance to the quality management system and our ISO 9001 certification.
- To be actively involved in the day-to-day production, test and installation activities, working to resolve quality issues and prevent their recurrence.
- Problem solve shop floor level manufacturing issues, liaising with other staff and suppliers to identify the cause of the non-conformity and appropriate actions to prevent a recurrence.
- Update quality documentation as necessary, including calibration logs, training records and skills matrix.
- Monitor quality and performance metrics.
The successful Quality Engineer will ideally have the below skills and experience, however there is an opportunity for training and development within this role:
- An excellent understanding of a wide range of engineering principles.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to build relationships
- A can-do, problem-solving attitude and ability to work in fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Experiences in the use of quality tools and methodologies – 5 Whys, 8D, CAPA, FAIRs etc
We are looking for 3 Quality Engineers including a Supplier Quality Engineer so there could be the opportunity for UK travel in this role.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm (no hybrid working)
To apply for this Quality Engineer role hit ‘APPLY NOW’ or contact Katie at Orion Reading today, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing