Health and Safety Manager
- by HMRC
- Location Glasgow, Glasgow, UK
£34,404 / year
55 days ago
As the Health and Safety Manager for Glasgow you will have responsibility for implementing Estates related health and safety policy and standards within the Region, including the Government Hub at Atlantic Square and the Regions Specialist Sites in East Kilbride and Gartcosh.
As the Health and Safety Manager for Edinburgh you will have responsibility for implementing Estates related health and safety policy and standards within the Region, including the Government Hub of Queen Elizabeth House.
You will oversee activities to ensure that our buildings and people are kept safe, and you will lead on providing appropriate control measures for HMRCs Health and Safety Policy.
As part of the Workplace Operations team, you will build customer and stakeholder relationships within the Region on all aspects of Estates related health and safety requirements.
To achieve our Customer Service ambitions the successful candidate for this vacancy will be expected to work full-time, in a flexible way. This would see staff routinely working Mon-Fri but allow flexibility for evening work up to 8pm and occasional Saturday work in line with business need.
In addition to this, you will need to be available for out of hours ‘On Call’ as needed in order to respond to any incidents.
Here are some of the things you'll be responsible for as our Regional Health & Safety Manager:
- Liaise with the Estates Health & Safety Specialist to identify building specific H&S issues arising from a programme of building related health & safety inspections.
- Resolve and implement solutions to any issues arising as a result of the inspections and ensure remedial works are completed.
- Provide health & safety advice and support in respect of Estates issues to both HMRC and Other Government Departments.
- Provide advice and carry out assurances to ensure effective risk assessments are in place.
- Develop and maintain the Regional Estates related health & safety risk register escalating any risks as appropriate.
- Investigate and respond to Estates related incidents recorded under the ACC1 Accident at Work process, reporting progress back to the HMRC Estates Health & Safety Specialist.
- Although the role holder has overall responsibility for Health and Safety within the Region, the post holder will often be required to reach across to support the wider Workplace Operations team, and carry out other tasks to contribute towards the day to day running of the Estate, including responding to customer enquiries, maintaining processes within the building, updating signage etc and any other tasks directed by the Building Manager or Head of Estate.
Candidates must demonstrate recent relevant experience in applying Health and Safety policy and standards in the workplace.
Experience of working within a building management / property / FM function is desirable.
You will need to hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent NQF/QCF level 3 (England, Wales, and Northern Ireland) / SCQF Level 6 (Scotland), in Health and Safety Management.
QualificationsYou will need to hold a NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent NQF/QCF level 3 (England, Wales, and Northern Ireland) / SCQF Level 6 (Scotland), in Health and Safety Management.
- Learning and development tailored to your role.
- An environment with flexible working options.
- A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity.
- A Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Property