- by Stirling Warrington
- Location Birmingham, West Midlands (County), UK
£43,000 - £44,000 / year
57 days ago
An Amazing Opportunity for an multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer to become part of a multi-million-pound Heavy industry business, they have recently invested over £30,000,000 across the company in the next 12 months and have partnered with MAKE UK who's customers include the likes of JLR, Severn Trent etc one of the best recognised training facilities in the West Midlands. Training and development is at the forefront of this Business, you will have the opportunity to up-skill electrically (or mechanically) and become truly multi-skilled, not many Manufacturers can offer this!
The role will be working on multi-million pound machinery, some old and some brand new. You will need to be prepared to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty as it is part of the heavy engineering sector. The engineers that thrive in this environment are the ones that enjoy the old school heavy machinery!
The machinery you will be working on will be big industrial Balers (Harris), 2000 tonne shears, mobile cranes for material handling, screw conveyors, in feed conveyors, Separators, sortation machines, big industrial magnets and more.
They are offering a very lucrative package which includes a good pension scheme, vouchers, holiday and not to mention a three day weekend two weeks in three.
- above market pension – matched +1%
- Healthcare plan
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 25 in 2023
- bonus scheme
- 24/7 Colleague Assistance Programme and Financial Wellbeing Support – access to affordable loans, savings accounts, advanced earned pay, and financial education via salary finance
- Overtime paid at a premium, easily earn £50,000
- paid training courses i.e. Siemens PLC training and HNC
- Ideally be at least qualified to Level 3 in an electrical
- Must be electrically biased with mechanical knowledge
- attitude is key - they will give back what you give them
- At least 3 year’s experience maintaining/repairing special purpose machinery
- Electrical skills i.e. reading drawings, fault finding is advantageous
- Ideally worked in a heavy industrial environment previously but open to getting your hands dirty
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Engineering, Utilities
Secondary School or equivalent