Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer – Electrical Bias
JOB PURPOSE/PRIMARY OBJECTIVE:
The Multi-Skilled Engineer will ensure all plant and equipment runs as effectively and efficiently as possible, liaising with all relevant internal departments and key stakeholders to ensure food safety is maintained and not compromised when doing Preventative Maintenance or dealing with a breakdown.
The shift pattern for this position will be 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off continental shift pattern.
The ability to work flexibly and the ability to complete an initial training / probationary period whilst on day or night shift will be required.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Engineering Manager
Responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Brokering a close relationship with Production Managers, Supervisors and Line Leaders.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance tasks on a wide range of plant and manufacturing machinery to the highest standard.
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble shooting and repairs.
- Provide technical support to stakeholders as necessary.
- Assist in developing and continuously improving preventative and predictive maintenance routines.
- Support Production and Engineering teams in achieving KPI’s.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance.
- Intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
- Work with equipment suppliers on new equipment, installations and modifications.
- To ensure that areas of work are clean and safe.
- Update the maintenance management system.
- Aptitude for process awareness, diagnostic/ trouble-shooting and resolution experience gained in a hi-volume environment.
- To undertake any Learning, Development, Training and Continuous Improvement initiatives as required. Flexibility may be required to attend training ‘off shift’.
SKILLS/ KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE:
- Trades Qualification – HNC or equivalent is desirable.
- Experience in food production or similar environment would be beneficial.
- Practical experience of maintaining conveyors, packing machines, including flow wrappers, food processing equipment, robotics or similar machinery is desirable.
- Understanding of maintenance roles.
- Basic computer skills are essential.
- Good communication skills
- Observant Problem Solver
- Forward thinking / Innovative
- Flexible (in terms of working hours / training);
- Good team player / Influencer
- Multi-skilled/ cross skilled