Salary: £28,000 p/a
Location: Manchester City Centre and Working From Home
This is an exciting opportunity for an engaging individual to join the IT training department within a not-for-profit organisation based in Manchester City Centre. The perfect candidate for this role would be innovative when creating learning materials for the group and would be proactive in their approach to educating the group to improve efficiency and their knowledge of systems. The organisation has exciting plans to move to "Agile working" which means more employees will need to be educated on how to operate their technology.
The IT Trainer role will be responsible for delivering high quality classroom, one to one and remote training to staff of all levels, to actively promote the best use of IT applications and technologies. The position is highly autonomous and will involve the development of training materials for differing kinetic ways of learning as well as assisting the Head of IT in planning, implementing and training for IT projects in line with business objectives.
- Designing, Planning and Maintaining a technology training plan providing scheduled courses for organisational staff to attend.
- Design and maintain and deliver tailored training course material in line with the organisations Technology roadmaps and business objectives.
- Provide staff on boarding training sessions to enable new staff to familiarise themselves with GC operated IT systems.
- Deliver training via different kinetic learning styles using methods such as one to one delivery, classroom environment delivery, pre-recorded or live video delivered training sessions based on training needs analysis.
- Test, review and document training materials for new software engaged with the implementation stages of IT projects.
- Deliver training on all Microsoft Office 365 key components to name a few but not exhaustive Access, Excel, Power Point, Publisher, Outlook, Word, Skype for business, One Drive, Share Point, One Note.
- Delivery of hardware familiarisation training for laptops, tablets and mobile phones to engage staff to get the best out of their device.
- Deliver training on internal systems such as finance, CRM etc.
- Weekly floor walk engagement to provide desktop assistance and engagement.
- Working collaborative and assisting with Technical Service Centre to handle calls that require training needs.
- GC IT Team support over 1100 users based across the north of England. Our Customer are predominantly the Growth Company’s internal operating companies as well as several external supply chain customers.
- GC IT Team are part of the Corporate Services Directorate and work with several strategic partners to deliver a high-quality level of service to all our customers.
- GC IT provides IT support and application development services for our customers.
- Valid driving license
- Experience in communicating with customers, peers and stakeholder management
- Organised and enthusiastic individual to engage staff
- Ability to provide detailed instruction where necessary and responds to questions, seeking advice in exceptional conditions beyond own competence
- Experience in training using many different styles.
- MOS Qualified
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies
- Experience of delivering training over digital mediums and
- Over 2 years’ experience in delivering IT
Ability to articulate professional, friendly and approachable and ability to liase with all stakeholders within the organisation at all different levels. Ability to understand, demonstrate and apply GC values: Make a positive difference, Stronger together, empower people, Do the right thing, Build on success.