Supply Chain Manager
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Camberley, Hampshire, UK
£50,000 - £60,000 / year
39 days ago
Orion are proud to be working closely with an engineering manufacture who design and manufacture cutting-edge instrumentation supporting a wide range of industries, looking to embed a competent Supply Chain Manager to oversee and support the purchasing functions throughout the business.
Renumeration and benefits awarded to the Supply Chain Manager:
- £50k - £60k
- Free Dental Cover
- Free Medical Cover
- Offers Hybrid working (Monday, Wednesday & Fridays)
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Responsibilities for the Supply Chain Manager will be:
- Lead small team of buyers and procurement projects.
- Daily management of a small team of buyers
- Supplier selection proposals and approval to include fact finding, audits, negotiation etc.
- To support expediting delivery if necessary
- To generate supplier confidentiality and service level agreements where required, necessary filing onto company server
- To generate RFQ (Request For Quotation) packs for new supplier, to include drawings, usage and target pricing
- Validate and compare incoming quotes to identify potential suppliers
- Prepare supporting information for cost negotiation with suppliers, including usage information, competitive quotations and comparisons, engineering data/drawings, annual spend with supplier
- Supplier visits as and when necessary
- Daily reports complete by purchasing team
- Effective management of procurement projects
- Introduce and set up good quality suppliers with all relevant agreements in place
Skills and experience needed for the appointed Supply Chain Manager are:
- Assertiveness but approachable
- Minimum 5 years in a similar role
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Good organisation and administration skills with attention to detail
- Computer literate in MS Office especially Excel & Word
- Good working knowledge of MRP
- Experience with Electro/Mechanical procurement in a manufacturing environment is a must.
- Driving licence and willing to travel between sites
- Ability to read engineering drawings
To find out more on how you could be the successful Supply Chain Manager in this growing organisation APPLY NOW!
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing