We have a fantastic opportunity for a HR Coordinator to join a leading shipping company in their stunning office based in the City. This position is initially a 6 month fixed term contract with the possibility of a permanent position based on performance. Reporting to the Senior HR Officer, the role requires you to deliver a wide ranging service to management teams and will support the implementation of best practice in all workforce planning and resourcing, employment relations issues, staff engagement, performance management and training and development. This is a true generalist role in HR department where candidate will have opportunity to handle all areas of HR function including ER, L&D, recruitment, reporting and payroll just to name few.
We are looking for someone educated to degree level with a HR qualification, CIPD Level 5-7, with experience of working as an HR Assistant or Administrator. If you’re confident in managing change and implementing new initiatives and most importantly a team player, hard working, and able to meet service standards at a personal and team level, then we’d love to hear from you.
Recruitment & Onboarding:
- Provide support with Recruitment, interviews and onboarding
- Inductions for new Starters / Ex-pats
- Obtain/provide references
- Preparation of HR documents including contracts, offer letters and variation to contracts
- Collating info internally and liaising from start to finish with the payroll bureau.
- Responsible for processing and checking monthly payroll and pay slip distribution
- Able to advice staff should there be payroll enquiries such as Tax Code etc.
- Add sick leave, holiday, increments, benefits
- Process Starters, Leavers, P45, P46
- Absence and holiday monitoring and reporting. SSP, SMP, SPP
- Reconcile excel spreadsheets, Pension fund reporting and analysis, child care vouchers, health care, season tickets to ensure payments are made on time
- Maintaining HR Database and updating personnel files
- Assist with end of the year requirements/reporting
- Run headcount and various other reports on ad hoc basis
- Review appraisal documents for TNA
- CIPHR update and management
- MS Office covering Excel, Word, PowerPoint &Visio - mail merge accurately as well as updating organisation charts, etc
- Recruitment – Liaising with recruiters, arranging interviews
- Processing new starters – contacts / offers of employment, references
- General HR admin tasks (such as liaising with yourselves regarding recruitment, arranging interviews, on-boarding, etc)
- Be First point of contact for all HR queries
- Up to date with UK Employment Legislation incl UK Bribery Act
- Provide support with ER cases as needed
- Grievance and disciplinary process
- TUPE Administration
- Provide support with all HR Projects
- Assisting and supporting HR Officer & Director
- Facilities, Health & Safety
- Any other ad hoc
- CIPD Level 3/5 or equivalent qualifications within HR
- Knowledge of UK Right to Work legislation, recruitment or employment administrative procedures, and customer service focused practises.
- Proven experience of a consistently high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven experience of managing one’s own workload through effective prioritising, time management, organisational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively, draft letters, memos and minutes in a clear, concise and logical format, whilst maintaining an acceptable level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with the Microsoft suite of software to intermediate level in Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience of HR software systems. (CIPHR)
- The ability to undertake basic numerical calculations in regards to leave and gross salary queries.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Finally and most importantly – must be a team player and hard working, able to meet service standards at a personal and team level.
This excellent opportunity is paying a salary between £24 and £26k dependent on experience plus some excellent benefits including 22 days holiday and lunch vouchers. Please drop us a line for more information.