Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Reading, Berkshire, UK
£45,000 - £60,000 / year
36 days ago
Orion are proud to be partnered once again with this solid engineering business located in Reading, who are looking to embed a Health and Safety Manager into their UK Site, this is a global business who have facilities across the Globe, Reading being one of their flagship production sites.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to really make the role your own, you will be responsible for all HSE across manufacturing as well as coordinating at leadership level for sites in other parts of the world.
As the Health and Safety Manager they will be rewarded with:
- 8% Company Bonus
- Required National Health Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance, and Critical Illness Insurance
- 20 days holiday + BH
- Flexible working hours
- Great growth opportunities within the business
What will the appointed Health and Safety Manager be doing?
- To successfully design, deliver and maintain a health and safety change program to embed and drive a positive safety culture across the organisation as well as ensuring the timely delivery of associated underpinning health and safety management action plans and operational program.
- To improve performance through the implementation of health and safety management systems, including ISO 45001, and other current standards and legislation and to oversee consistency of delivery of health and safety and identify and pursue significant issues.
- To improve performance through the implementation of environment management systems, including ISO 14001, and other current standards and legislation and to oversee consistency of delivery of environmental standards and identify and pursue significant issues.
- Deliver, measure and report upon the corporate strategy and metric performance/measurements of the group structure including EHS and CSR goals.
- Integration of common and UK lead practices for EHS and ISO.
- Minimum NEBSOH General Certificate or equivalent
- ISO Management / Auditor accreditation
- Accreditation to formal professional body such as IOSH preferred
Do you have previous experience working as a Health and Safety Manager in an engineering manufacturing environment and in need of a new and exciting challenge? APPLY NOW to find out more.
Permanent, Full Time
Additional Salary Info
- Industry Sector Manufacturing