- by Orion Electrotech
- Location Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
£30,000 - £35,000 / year
35 days ago
A busy manufacturing business are looking for a Mechanical Buyer to join their purchasing team to support new and existing projects with sourcing, negotiating, and buying of machined parts, fabrications, steel work etc.
As a Mechanical Buyer your key responsibilities will include:
- Support the Procurement team through market analysis and research.
- Assist the team in data collection on supplier performance where necessary.
- Purchasing mechanical parts from new and existing suppliers working closely with the engineering drawings.
- Send and collate Request for Quotations (RFQs) and update purchase price information accordingly.
- Process and maintain information on Engineering changes via purchase order changes.
- Working closely with Project Managers, Design team and production on NPI.
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines.
The successful Mechanical Buyer will ideally have the below experience:
- Experience in Purchasing mechanical materials in a manufacturing engineering environment
- CIPS qualification (or working towards) would be advantageous, or a keen interest in working towards CIPS, this will be supported.
- Experience and/or knowledge of manufacturing processes in an engineering environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please click 'apply' or contact Katie at Orion Reading today, thank you.
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Manufacturing