Personal Assistant to the Managing Director & Contract Administrator
- by G4S CaRS
- Location Home Based, UK
£30,000 / year
31 days ago
PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR & CONTRACT ADMINISTRATOR
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services (CaRS)
Home Based with occasional travel to our secure establishments or offices, where travel expenses incurred will be covered
£30,000 per annum, Full Time, 40 hours per week, Permanent role
Looking for your next career challenge where you have the flexibility to make the job your own?
Are you organised? Do you have drive? Enthusiasm? Work well under pressure?
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) successfully manages five prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our business is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them with the skills needed to re-integrate back into society. Our aim is to create an environment in which our staff and our service user feel safe.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Personal Assistant and Contract Administrator to provide full PA and Administration support to the CaRS Managing Director (MD).
Our secure environments are 24/7 contracts and due to the pivotal nature of this role there may be some occasional weekend admin coordination/preparation required, however these additional hours will attract overtime payments or TOIL compensation.
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, you will work closely with the Managing Director and CaRS Executive Committee. As part of your role you will provide a professional administration support as a central function, collate monthly data reports, have full responsibility for managing diary calendars and multiple email inboxes effectively, project manage meetings and other team events along with booking accommodation and travel arrangements.
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Provide full PA and administration support to the MD, including email and diary management, meeting coordination and travel/expenses arrangements. To also include administration tasks associated with the office of the MD.
- Act as key liaison between the MD, Chief Operating Officer and Contract Directors and their PAs to ensure effective communication is maintained and distributed appropriately throughout all sites.
- Maintain a correspondence log, screen incoming communications, answer routine queries, draft correspondence, take messages and/ or refer on to internal contact so that these are dealt with efficiently.
- Support with agenda drafting, minute taking, actions capture and dissemination at all CaRS Operations meetings, Performance Review meetings, Executive Committee meetings and other contract management meetings.
- Collation of monthly Performance Review Packs from all sites with overall responsibility of the CaRS Central Performance Review Pack, including its presentation at the CaRS Central Performance Review each month.
- Assist in the generation of pan-business communications (including ‘Town Hall’ briefings).
- Plan and coordinate off-site Executive Committee events, including any travel and accommodation arrangements for attendees.
- Coordinate the administration of CaRS policies and projects, as required, to improve business performance.
- Manage the quarterly reviews of the Establishments’ websites. Liaise with each site’s point of contact to ensure all content displayed online is current and accurate, amending the websites with the latest updates, as required.
- Manage the GOLD rota and Tornado reporting process, ensuring accurate information is distributed to key contacts within agreed deadlines.
- Provide assistance with finance related tasks, such as raising Purchase Orders/processing invoices, coding credit cards, purchasing stationery and other ad-hoc purchases or payments, as required.
The ideal candidate for this role will have current or previous experience as a Personal Assistant, having supported closely at Leadership Manager or Director level and above.
You must be able to demonstrate the ability to work to tight deadlines, maintain confidentiality, have the ability to prioritise workload, maintain high levels of accuracy and challenge where necessary. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as working proactively and using your own initiative.
It is key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios. You must be flexible, work well under pressure, be adaptable and able to work in a constantly evolving work environment.
We are looking for a highly self-motivated and determined person, with the ability to be resilient, confident with a tenacious can do attitude and the ability to work alone and as part of a busy and fast paced senior team.
You must have strong IT skills, including experience of Google and Google Docs, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services culture. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aim to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process.
G4S is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and the post holder must support these goals.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and HMPPS and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role
Permanent, Full Time
- Industry Sector Other