Special Needs Teaching Assistant (SEN TA)
- by UCM Recruitment
- Location Hounslow, UK
£85.00 - £95.00 / day
24 days ago
A supportive SEN school in Hounslow is looking for a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant. As a Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant you will be working in the classroom to support during lessons. Pupils will have needs inclusive of autism (ASD) and challenging behaviour and communication challenges (SLCN). Some pupils in the class will be non-verbal, so experience with Makaton and PECS is desirable, but not essential.
- £85-£95 per day (dependent on experience and qualifications)
- Long-term, full-time
- Immediate or April 2023 start
- Good transport links and parking available
The successful Special Needs Teaching Assistant / Learning Support Assistant will:
- Have a positive and resilient attitude
- Be eager to learn on the job and undergo weekly training
- Have good SEN experience, especially of autism (ASD), challenging behaviour and communication challenges (SLCN)
- Confidently use their own initiative
- Have a valid DBS / police check
If this sounds like you, please apply with your CV today!
COVID-19 Notice - We will not be interviewing candidates face-to-face; we will instead be interviewing via video link where possible or speaking via phone call. Vetting procedures will be carried out online.
UCM Education specialises in placing teachers and support staff in schools and nurseries throughout the UK. Due to the number of applications we receive for job posts, we cannot contact all unsuccessful applicants. We are an Equal Opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Temporary, Full Time
- Industry Sector Education